• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Appleinsider has posted a quicktime version of the Pepsi iTunes Superbowl ad.

The ad was described earlier today by Apple:

This groundbreaking ad, featuring 16 real-life teenagers who were sued by the recording industry for illegally downloading music from the Internet, shows music fans a new way to freely and legally download music--the Pepsi iTunes 100 Million Song Giveaway. The commercial is set to Green Day's version of "I Fought the Law.”

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
What? Is that common practice to reveal a superbowl ad before the superbowl? Strange.

Comment

dbenesch

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2002
Not bad for a normal ad

but a bit disappointing for a $1.4 million, Super Bowl spot. But that's me...

Comment

McToast

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2003
It's already gone! Geez...

Edit: actually, how come when I click on the link my mac opens up RealPlayer instead of QuickTime like it should???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Comment

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Can't view it here either...

Strangely, when I click the link it opens up RealOne Player, which then can't play it. Works in QT player though, or would if they had enough bandwidth...

Comment

Dan8302

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2003
Rochester, NY
O man, did that add suck, what a waste of advertising money, I don't want the apple name anywhere near that commercial.

Comment

McToast

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2003
Originally posted by johnnyjibbs
Can't view it here either...

Strangely, when I click the link it opens up RealOne Player, which then can't play it. Works in QT player though, or would if they had enough bandwidth...

Glad I'm not the only one who had RealPlayer open up instead of QuickTime.

Comment

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
yeah, i thought my computer was screwed up, but they must have done something wrong. and i'm getting the same bandwidth error in QT too. why did they have to make it streaming? seems like a normal movie would require less bandwidth, as people wouldn't be reloading it, they just have to download once...

paul

Comment

a9mike

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2003
Limited number of connections

You just have to keep trying, through QT - there are only so many streams allowed at one time...

And yes - it sux - bad - not Apple worthy at all - Apple obviously had nothing to do with the design/production of the commercial. It is what I expected, a Pepsi ad.

It is not an iTunes ad.

Comment

SFNE Freak

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2003
CT
Just pressed Play over and over for about a minute and finally saw it. Its crap. But, the song is good.

Comment

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
Superbowl newbie

So when is this superbowl anyway?

Clearly, Apple is waiting for this event before they release any new products. Probably they want to get a good spin on the interest for Apple and then just blow everyone away with some stunning new iMacs or something. :D

Comment

JohnGillilan

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2003
Los Angeles
How do you suppose the ad was leaked?? You'd think they would keep something like that under lock and key, especially when Apple is involved. Anyways -- kind of a disappointing ad, but I like the concept. Maybe they have another one in addition to this.

Comment

javabear90

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Houston, TX
I dont like it

Ya... if you click it for about 45 secs it works. But when it does... its not much. This ad really does sux..
-ted

Comment

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
For those of you how have real player opening instead: File>Preferences>Media Type>deselect "default for Real Time Streaming Protocal"

aethier

Comment

dbenesch

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2002
Music Store

So can anyone actually find Green Day's "I Fought the Law" on the iTunes Music Store? I can't. That would be very odd...

Comment

povvy

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2003
Ugh. People watching this on Sunday is going to have NO IDEA what it is unless they have heard about it. The song is a great idea, but the girl's speaking part is pretty lame.

Patrick.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.