Quicktime stream of Steve Job's iTunes for Windows presentation is now posted

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Re: Quicktime stream of Steve Job's iTunes for Windows presentation is now posted

Quicktime usage notes.

I tried it on a modem connection with Quicktime 6 Pro on a G4-400 and it was unviewable. It was so choppy and the audio was essentially non-existent. So whatever system the softwaere uses for buffering is way too small for crippled bandwidth connections and it seems streams do not have the option to simply save to disc. Fine. So have a huge temporary buffer.

Not everyone has the option to "just go to the high bandwidth connection".

Rocketman

krohde

macrumors member
May 29, 2002
Europe, UK
WiFI Ipod

WHAT IS THIS??? Is it the Wifi enabled iPod that Steve is using to control his Keynote slide show???

Go to 14m:05sec and freeze the frame. Look at that control steve is using. That looks incredibly similar to an iPod. I'm currently on a campus computer so I cant paste a picture but im sure someone else will eventually.

Krohde

nycmacartist

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2003
WHAT IS THIS??? Is it the Wifi enabled iPod that steve is using to control his Keynote slide show???

It looks like he used it to turn out the lights.

DeusOmnis

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Re: WiFI Ipod

Originally posted by krohde
WHAT IS THIS??? Is it the Wifi enabled iPod that Steve is using to control his Keynote slide show???

Go to 14m:05sec and freeze the frame. Look at that control steve is using. That looks incredibly similar to an iPod. I'm currently on a campus computer so I cant paste a picture but im sure someone else will eventually.

Krohde

You must be colorblind, the thing he is holding is purple.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Wow, what a great presentation. Steve had a little flub with the "60's Music" Smart Playlist, but he really hammered home the point. Once again, I sat giggling and spinning in my chair with joy.

As for the WiFi iPod, I doubt it. I looked at the shot mentioned and wondered, briefly, but further examination led me to believe it is another device.

Dan

edit: btw, steve always looks so silly in the iChat v-chat window. heh heh heh

anaquin

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2003
guatemala
did u notice that the icons at the side of the artists at ichat were aol icons? suposedly video conference is only on mac accounts... so, soon to be aol compatible too? neat!

diniscorreia

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Portugal
Originally posted by anaquin
did u notice that the icons at the side of the artists at ichat were aol icons? suposedly video conference is only on mac accounts... so, soon to be aol compatible too? neat!
Wrong... you can use an AOL screen-name in iChat, meaning that you can video chat with AOL buddies (as long as they are using iChat, not the AOL software). :)

mrsebastian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2002
sunny san diego
steve is one hell of a salesman! this guy could sell a ***** sandwich, stick a apple logo on it, and we'd all buy it. it helps of course that apple is the most innovative computer company out there.

macnews

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2003
Idaho
No problems with the webcast on my 800Mhz imac with wireless DSL. I am using the latest quicktime download, not sure if that makes a difference.

It is finally nice to see what was done yesterday. I sure wish they would broadcast these more widely at the time of the event. What sense does it make to limit the viewing? I mean why even limit it to a few select Apple stores? Here, we don't have an Apple store and instead have to deal with a section of CompUSA for most local Mac stuff or a small Mac reseller. Don't get me wrong, both are great sources (CompUSA much improved) but why can't these guys broadcast the event? Imagine the number of windows (potential switchers) wondering through CompUSA and see this big production about Apple. They need to make the best use of all marketing possible. CompUSA would win because many Mac faithful would come to the store to watch and some would buy something. Apple would win because it would get more exposure to windows users and maybe get a few switchers.

My 2 cents.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Re: Monopoly anyone?

Originally posted by jayscheuerle
Ah, the irony of Steve gloating over high percentage numbers and domination of the downloadable music market...
i thought of that too... hah. 70% now... and then with windows, probably more... let's hope it gets to 95%... hah

Hes Nikke

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2001
Originally posted by mrsebastian
steve is one hell of a salesman! this guy could sell a ***** sandwich, stick a apple logo on it, and we'd all buy it. it helps of course that apple is the most innovative computer company out there.
uh... it's only a monopoly when you have no choice (see oil) or your choice doesn't matter because you get it anyway. (see Microsoft)

nobody is forcing you to use iTunes, (Music Store) and the iPod isn't the only choice in the market.

it isn't a monopoly... yet :)

xtekdiver

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2003
Originally posted by nycmacartist
I have a DSL connection, 500DP. It's unviewable with no sound.
I noticed the same thing while watching this at an Apple store. It looks like an iPod in a colored case; almost like he's trying to hide it. Hmmm, an iPod that can control your Keynote presentations. Cool!

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
The presentation controller is just a device that he uses to control the slides. He has always used the same purple controller (well at least for the past couple of years). If you look back to older presentations it is the same controller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.