Quid pro quo: Hillary helped Putin acquire American uranium mines for huge donations

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Apr 23, 2015.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Hillary's State Department assisted Russia by facilitating their purchase of uranium mines in Utah, Texas, and Wyoming. Coincidently—and it’s only a coincidence—the same Russian state-owned corporation funneled millions of dollars into the Clinton Foundation. Of course, Hillary had no idea that this deal went down while she was running the show.

That familiar Clinton stench is rising…

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...s-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

3. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

4. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Can't wait to see what else you have to say about this.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'm pretty sure that "defending rapists" and "attacking families" will be involved. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, I left out "She lost the 2008 Presidential election". :rolleyes:

BL.

6. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

What do you think about the article in the OP?

7. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Uhhhh......

International trade isn't usually considered treason.

9. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Do you think her foundation should've accepted the millions from the Russian government for the Uranium?

10. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Quid pro quo: Hillary helped Putin acquire American uranium mines for huge do...

My liberal friends consider supporting NAFTA and the TPP akin to treason.

11. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

You would think if she was serious about 2016, she'd have been more careful.

Either that, or she just thinks people will vote her anyway even it is revealed that she took a few mil from the Russian gov for Uranium.

12. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/04/23/hillary-clintons-baggage-problem/

America is getting another dose of Clinton fatigue. If they sense vulnerability, other Democrats may jump in the face and I don't mean the no-name dwarves of today. Heck, even Crazy Joe might run.

----------

He would be more honest, for sure.

13. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Did Hillary really say she didn't know about the transactions? :confused:

That's really hard to believe even if someone tried to give her the benefit of the doubt...

EDIT: I texted a few friends about it. One of them replied, "When will people understand laws are for small folk?" Lol!

She probably didn't break any laws but still I thought it was funny.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

That would be because it wasn't anything near treason. I'll admit that it looks self-serving, but this isn't HRC walking alone into a hotel room and walking out with a suitcase of cash.

From your article ...

And as your article states, it came at a time when Obama was seeking to "reset" a strained relationship with Russia, so HRC wasn't operating alone. Granted, if a Republican had done this I'd be clucking in dismay over the corrupt nature of Washington and the parties involved. It will be interesting to see what sticks in this case.

My initial gut reaction is that this won't have much effect on her candidacy, and that this is just another in a long string of accusations that will come out in the coming months.

But yeah ... Bernie Sanders is looking like a much better choice to me.

15. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

This is the official retort from her designated spokeshole:

https://medium.com/@brianefallon/cl...ssian-purchase-of-uranium-assets-797a71cb40b0

Of course, Hillary is presently avoiding answering any direct questions on the subject. In fact, she's avoiding answering any questions about anything, including the TPP.

16. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Bernie Sanders seems like an unfeigned guy :)

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Incredibly unpresidential.

But everyone can't look like Mitt Romney.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Finally something legitimate to get upset about...

19. Happybunny macrumors 68000

That's not all, as more details become known of the secret trade deal proposed between the EU and the US TTIP. More and more lobby groups and political parties are coming out against it.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

That's because they literally hand over sovereignty by allowing a corporation to sue the USA (in front of a corporate court) for "projected lost profits" for any regulation that restricts "free trade." You know, things like trying to stem imports of products that are made with child labor...

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

This story really needs to be examined from three different angles:

First of which is the Clinton Foundation itself. It is essentially a charitable institution, one charged with pursuing a variety of humanitarian; economic; environmental; and business development goals. Whether or not one agrees with those goals and the manner in which the Foundation spends its considerable resources will, I think, ultimately color one's appreciation of the story.

The second is the extent, if any, by which Hillary Clinton, in any of her Governmental roles, may have allowed herself to be influenced by donations to the Foundation from any source. The Clinton Foundation has received large grants from, for instance the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and well as the Government of Norway. Did those gifts influence Secy. Clinton?

Lastly is the matter of gifts from post-Soviet Russian sources. And I think it worth remembering that, at the time the donations were made, the United States was attempting to re-set relations with Russia. This was before the re-election of Vladimir Putin and his disastrous attempts to rekindle parts of the former Soviet empire.

Its convenient to condemn Hillary Clinton over this sort of story. And in some respects it plays into the narrative of a semi-demi-hemi corrupt Clintonian political machine.

But that, I think, is overly simplistic. The global influence; contacts; and prestige that Bill Clinton's ostensibly charitable post-Presidential work created has been a large part of keeping Mrs Clinton in the public spotlight in the decade and a half since she left the White House.

For better or worse, the Clinton Foundation has been a key factor in making Hillary Clinton the global figure she is today.

22. Meister Suspended

Meister

I never considered him. Compared to all the other thugs he actually looks electable.

23. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

He looks like your crazy uncle living in the basement. However, he is severely liberal.

24. Meister Suspended

Meister

I obviously wasn't refering to his outward appearance.

25. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

A foundation that accepts money to do good deeds around the world can accept money from anyone who wants their money to be used for such purposes.

For Hillary to be indicted for inappropriate activity, she would have used her influence on behalf of her position to make the deal in question- to support the sale of a Canadian mining company as payback, the elusive quid pro quo, which as far as I know has been alleged by those who don't want to see President Hillary, for a multitude of reasons concerning the consolidation of political power. Until something more can be proven, it's U.S. politics just like Bengazi, which despite finding nothing on Hillary, they want to establish guilt by association and fabrication so their party can hold the reigns of power. Nothing surprising about this, it's anticipated.