Quinnipiac has Obama pulling away from Romney in key states

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

[​IMG]
    Linque

Encouraging. To think that a few weeks ago journalists were approaching Obama with forks, ready to declare him done.

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

It is encouraging, yes. I just hope Democrats don't get complacent and actually come out and vote and donate to the Obama campaign. Because the Republicans sure aren't going to stay home and aren't going to keep their wallets in their pocket. So Democrats can't either.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I think we will definitely see a second term for Obama. He's actually gotten things done.

Romney has nothing to offer but the same crap that got us here in the first place.

4. JMB1911 macrumors regular

Obama is toast. The emperor has no clothes and people finally see it. No incumbent has polled this bad at this point and won. Seriously can't wait for him to go.

5. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Source?

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

The numbers in the poll posted by the OP seem to indicate the opposite of your claim; however, I do support your right to be wrong.

BL.

7. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You plan on being around until at least 2016, eh? :rolleyes:

8. Queso macrumors G4

Can't see it myself. If Obama were up against a decent opponent the Republicans would walk it, but Romney is so full of holes I reckon he'll self-destruct several times over before November. It won't be a whitewash, but Obama is going to be around for another term.

9. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The Obama campaign apparently agrees, because in this post-Citizens United world I keep hearing that they realize they are unlikely to out-raise Romney monetarily; so they are concentrating a lot of effort at the retail level, encouraging people to get out and vote.

They're not ignoring fundraising, however. A lot of e-mails went out towards the end of last month asking for donations. They were very persuasive. :D

Now we're hearing a bit about Michelle Bachmann being a potential VP nominee. Man, that'd be sweet! It would turn this election into a rerun of 2008...because we all know how well a loony bottom half of the ticket worked for McCain.

10. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

My guess is that Romney is going to pick a Southern moderate if there are any young enough. Somebody like Sen. Shelby from Alabama, but, a lot younger (I think Shelby is 78). Somebody to let the South know that the pork barrel money will keep flowing, but, fiscally conservative when it comes to spending in the rest of the country. Obama/McCain was a toss-up until Palin turned it into a landslide for Obama. Romney is unlikely to make the same mistake. The problem is finding somebody-- most of the younger Republicans are too extreme and will hurt Romney in swing states.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ironic post. Who do you think is more of an "emperor", the one with lots of money and multiple palaces (even an elevator for cars), or the one who worked himself up from the bottom going door to door? Also ironic, the "no clothes" part considering Romney fails to list any of the things he would replace Obamacare with or any immigration plan. Because there isn't one. He's Etch-a-Sketching it as he goes.

Will NEVER happen. The press speculation over various women candidates is a complete waste of time. I guarantee that he will NOT pick a women. Any women, even a competent one, would draw too much focus off of Romney and be too comparable to the Palin situation. The GOP will not run a women VP in back to back elections. It just isn't going to happen. Least of all Bachmann.