Quit smoking, get diabetes

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cave Man, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Not really, it should be rather common sense... Most people know that when you quit smoking you gain weight, and those same people know that weight gain is linked to an increased risk of diabetes. This isn't new news, it is just that someone put two and two together and wrote an article about how they got the sum to be four.

3. gibbz macrumors 68030

Don't start smoking in the first place then you don't have the worry (assuming you eat right)

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

The thread title is beneath you Cave Man.

I quit smoking in March, gained 25 pounds in 6 weeks and by August my blood pressure had skyrocketed along with my cholesterol and triglycerides.

Went to a dietician and realized that my intake of salty, fatty and sugary foods had skyrocketed. Made some serious changes to my diet and voila! I've since lost 18 pounds and should lose the remainder in the next few months. And my blood pressure is lower than before I quit and my other vitals are much better as well.

Quitting's a bitch. Don't start.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

When you eat too much because you have no self control and try to substitute one vice for another imagine that.

6. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

7. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I am personally responsible.

For everyone getting diabetes.

8. Shivetya macrumors 65816