QUT student faces $200,000 bill in Facebook post racism row

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by cfedu, Apr 17, 2016.

1. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...facebook-post-racism-row-20160415-go7951.html

I really like this part

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well unless those people have been bullied beaten up and treated like crap like we do to native americans.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The record with native treatment from best to worst is New Zealand, Canada, Australia, the US.

I still don't see how that justifies native only computer rooms, there was never any shortage of computer rooms at my university.

And complaining about the policy seems perfectly reasonable.

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I don't know I was not there and neither were you. long distance judging is pretty silly really but a favorite past time of the OP.

6. cfedu, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016

cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

Attack the messenger, how typical!

They were facebook posts, no need to be there.

"Just got kicked out of the unsigned Indigenous computer room. QUT is stopping segregation with segregation," Racist and warrant a lawsuit?

The above really shows your true colours in that you can actually make an excuse for this. Lets be honest, you will not be happy until free speech is abolished, and the world is made into one big safe space for you and your ilk!

7. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

You have no clue about it you don't live there even. My true colors are not to make fun on people you have absolutely no clue about. This is not the US were we know how we treated native Americans. You have only one side of the story.
    I am not making excuses because I have no clue just like you.

8. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

damn this is pretty pathetic. we need one of those @Meister -patented safe spaces.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Winter in summer, toilets flush counter-clockwise, fight discrimination with segregation.

Everything is bass-ackwards in Australia.

10. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

I do have a clue.

"Just got kicked out of the unsigned Indigenous computer room. QUT is stopping segregation with segregation,"

This is not racist no matter where in the world you are and does not merit a law suit for saying that!!!

I can't even dream of a scenario outside of North Korea that this could even be a problem. I;m trying to think of an example even bringing in Godwin's laws and can't think of one. You may agree with the racist policy of the school, but to agree with a suit for this Facebook post is just unimaginable.

11. 617aircav Suspended

Over a Facebook post. Wow. Scary times ahead. Seems free speech is going to be a thing of the past.

12. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Of course you know the post is truthful right you saw both sides? Nope your going by one version.

13. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

What a ridiculous story. The legal system needs a good hard look at itself.

14. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

Here is another source from the rightwing Huff post

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...scrimination-case_uk_57110ae5e4b0dc55ceea7a9e

Since this is a Facebook, I'm sure there is some evidence to back it up. Until there is more information, I can only go by what the MSM is reporting. If you have more information, please provide it.

15. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

So they may have said some vary racist things but the are fully innocent? There really is little info on this.

16. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

This may be valid, but honestly based on your previous posts, if the situation had been reversed, you probably would have been singing a different song.

17. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

Alex Wood the student I quoted made one post and nothing was racist about it.

Here is another source

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/hig...b/news-story/b80de339339f2d5588839ac06f3c8909

Looks like she is the racist and they one who should be sued. It does not surprise me that you would defend a racist.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The United States is one of the few nations where freedom of speech is considered an inalienable right.

The Snowflake Rebellion is trying to change that, though.

19. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I don't like racism that's true but fake racism is not good either. I do have less empathy for white people suffering from it because we have pretty much been racists all though history.

20. cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

Do you have a citation for that?

21. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Dude if you need proof white men are racist you have been living under a rock.
    Native Americans slaves crusades Christianity missionaries all though history unless you choose to ignore it. It is in our courts in our jails in the south. But I know it is all fake.

22. cfedu, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016

cfedu thread starter macrumors 65816

cfedu

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence

Edit:

BTW, 2 of your 3 examples have nothing to do with race but rather religion. LOL

23. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure white people born recently have nothing to do with slavery or discrimination of the past. Why is it more ok for them to be discriminated against just because people of their same color committed atrocities long ago? Can you not see how that's racist itself?

24. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

bleh

Don't bother engaging with logic, that person is very obviously a troll. No one can literally be that dense.

25. 617aircav Suspended

I am well aware of that. There is a movement trying to police social media for comments they don't like. Even the UN had a silly conference on this where they call online harassment violence. You can't commit violence without a physical presence.