/r/macbookissues — Tracking hardware issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by benguild, May 30, 2017.

1. benguild macrumors 6502a

Hey guys—
    As an experiment I setup a subreddit for common MacBook issues... https://www.reddit.com/r/macbookissues

I've found it pretty tedious to find information about product defects, but it seems like especially with the Late 2013 I bought and the Late 2016 that I returned, there are some common problems that don't get reported in the press unless there's a recall or epidemic. To me this is really frustrating and it'd be nice to get more transparency on what's actually happening instead of having to dig through scattered forum threads that appear over time, etc.

If this isn't of any interest please ignore. If you want to submit any of your issues or vote on them, feel free.

2. leman macrumors 604

That is a great idea! I am wondering though how you are going to distinguish systematic defects from occasional ones?

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

If you just read the forums relatively regularly, you get a pretty good idea what the systematic issues are.

4. AppleMacFinder macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

5. benguild thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool can you submit it as a text post or link? This is designed to be a collaborative voting experience. :)
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2017 ---
    I hear you. The issue I see is that there's no prominent voting mechanism on the forum.

6. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

You can create polls when creating new threads..

7. benguild thread starter macrumors 6502a

Right it's possible to hold votes within threads but the main mechanism for thread sorting is "most recently replied to" not vote-based. It's more to gauge the popularity of issues.

8. AppleMacFinder macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

Sorry I don't have a reddit account ;)