R we ever gonna see games like mario,mega man in the app store?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by semin28, Nov 29, 2008.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

I would love to play mario,mario kart , mega man ,etc on my touch. The games would probaly be expensive but I wouldn't mind. I don't know if it would be possible to have mario type grapics played on the touch but the touch grapics r almost as good as a gameboy advance grapics. So will we ever see these games in the app store ?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

1. The iPhone/iPod touch platform is more powerful graphically than the original PlayStation. That's 3D. None of this crappy GBA crap.
    2. We will never see licensed characters on Apple's platform. Nintendo and other proprietary owners would never sell to a competing platform.

3. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

But I heard way back that we could see those games for 30$ . I think it was on g4tv news. I'll try to find the link.

4. linkycat macrumors member

While Mario is gauranteed not to show up legally... Mega Man is a possibility. Mega Man can be developed by for any system because it is not a console specific platformer. There is already a mobile version, so an iphone port is very likely.

I think ultimately the issue becomes controls and not game type - for Mega man they'd have to do a control pad and buttons, which is not really very easy on the ipod touch/iphone.

5. ZuneMan? macrumors regular

Arent apple teaming up with Nintendo to produce the 'iWii' :D?

6. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

There's a soccer game that uses the control pad and buttons pretty good.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, chances are highest for games from platform agnostic sources... so Sega, Capcom, maybe Square? Mario's not too likely, sadly.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Simply because people keep saying the iPhone/iPod Touch is competition for the PSP and DS ... why would they put it out on their competitor's platform?

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wow, wow, wow! :D

I'd admit there are some great 3D games, but there are some AMAZING 2D games, and I hope the iPhone sees both kinda

10. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Never gonna happen. Nintendo themselves said that they aren't going to create games for other platforms.

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Hmm. That came across rather strange. I'll rewrite my thoughts.

"None of this crappy GPA crap." refers to capping the iPhone/iPod touch's capabilities at the 2.5D of the GBA. I certainly love many of the 2D games out there; sometimes it's much better to have a game be only 2D!

12. MacsBestFriend macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

lol street fighter, anyone??;)

13. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Sonic will come. (hopefully with some games that take the quality standard of old ages. Can I get a port of Sonic Adventure on this thing?!? ;] )
    Mega Man maybe.
    No Mario.