Race for the presidency 2016

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macs4nw, Oct 2, 2016.

?

Would you vote for Pence or Kaine if they were at the top of the ticket, and Trump/HC were not a fac

1. Mike Pence

2. Tim Kaine

3. Wouldn't make a difference to me; I'm voting along party lines

4. Ask me after Tuesday's veep debate

5. Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

From private conversations with friends, neighbors, and colleagues, there appear to be many more voters than I expected, who cannot get themselves to vote for Hillary, and would vote for Trump, if it wasn't for the numerous foot-in-mouth statements, continual side-tracking, and outlandish utterances by the GOP candidate, all of which complicates this year's vote for those electors.

With an eye towards Tuesday's veep debate, does anyone think the choice would be easier if it was a choice between Pence and Kaine for President?

2. krause734, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016

krause734 macrumors 6502

krause734

They don't talk about either VP much in the media. The VP is absolutely useless until he's not which is possible considering Trump and Hillary are old farts that could croak at any time.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Tim Kaine. Dude has all the qualifications to be president. There's a good possibility he'll be president in 2024.

4. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Pence wound smash Kaine. Kaine is a weak and pitiful man. The kind a person like Hillary can control with the snap of a finger. He allows himself to be completely emasculated by her.

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Wrong. If something happens to the President, which is rare but possible, then the VP takes over.

There are other duties performed as well. Quite a few, surprisingly, and there have been times when a VP does have to take over.

"By, of, and for the people", why are Americans so lackadaisical about perceived minutiae that really aren't? Even two (but rarely encountered) duties for such a high ranking position makes it sufficiently important. Or is it more important that people think both sides' VP choices are nothing more than comparing Coke and Pepsi?!
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    Please remain so irrationally assured given the tight poll numbers showing that both Presidential candidates are neck and neck, within a couple of points and never mind margin for error!

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Neither VP means diddly to me.

I personally didn't like the Kaine pick, but it won't get in the way of voting for HRC.

And I won't watch the VP's debate. It's a meaningless exercise.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

Lol, man, Hillary is going to win. We already know this.

8. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

9. krause734 macrumors 6502

krause734

Name one thing Joe Biden did in 8 years (other than say some stupid stuff).

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

i wouldn't vote for either. at least tim kaine doesn't want to impose a theocracy on the USA though. mike pence is terrible

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Pence is terrible, and probably would be more effective at giving us a Theocracy than Trump so I wouldn't vote for him. I don't know a lot about Kaine, but he seems to be reasonable and be well qualified. I think with the age of both the candidates it would be wise to pay more attention to the VP nominees since there is a much better chance than normal that one of them will be president within 4 years.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Pence is smashed by his own comment that he admires Dick Cheney.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mike-pence-role-model-vice-president-dick-cheney/story?id=42170897

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

14. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

15. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Voted "Not sure" to see the results, as they weren't available before I did that. I have no idea what I voted for.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

A President Pence is horrifying. He's a bass ackwards religious conservative who ****ed up Indiana.

17. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Pence is a deplorable. I hope at the vp debate they bring up his little "religious freedom" law that he had to basically repeal within a month because of the firestorm it caused.

18. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The quotes below have said it all perfectly. The first immigrants to America came to gain religious freedom, and Pence wants to do away with it.