Race Huckster Makes False Accusation Against Police Officer

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, May 23, 2018.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

another day, another liar caught on a body cam. This piece of crap said a cop sexually harassed and abused her. To get out of a ticket, she was willing to send a cop to jail. Hope she gets time for this.

Body cam footage contradicts woman's claim trooper sexually assaulted her; lawyer apologizes - Fox News https://apple.news/ArnYYiq7lT661Edp5CCTXIA

2. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

See, that's an interesting thing. When body cam footage will clear the police, it tends to be available ASAP.

When it is necessary to possibly prove the case of a claimant, not even a FOIA can get that footage released.

https://www.theroot.com/chesterfield-county-va-police-say-facts-matter-after-1826271546

3 days Vs 3 months. Interesting.

3. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I'll go with body cams when they don't magically turn off when convenient. I trust cops as much as I trust politicians and the more military they become the less I trust them

4. Rum_Becker Suspended

5. 0002378 Suspended

Hope she goes to prison and gets sexually assaulted in there. Wouldn't that be an ironic twist ;)

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

It's coming to the point that everybody is going to feel the need to go about their business with body cams attached to them.

The best bodycam footage is from Jersey, Baltimore, and LA when cops were caught slipping drugs on a suspect. They got caught because the didn't realize the bodycam records a little bit before and/or after they activate/dis-activate it.

7. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

The vast majority of liars caught on police body cams are the police themselves. Unfortunately most of them get away with lying/testilying.

8. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I’m not going to jump on the, “yeah but” bandwagon to put a twist on this topic. Reason being, I have seen videos appearing online and on the news like this one more frequently. Fortunately for the police, they now have technology on their side to help protect them from petty crap like what this idiot tried pulling.

9. sim667 macrumors 65816

What a disgusting thing to say.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Don’t think that’s true. I think mostly it’s the suspects who lie.

11. KUKitch macrumors 6502

KUKitch

Isn’t this game fun? More liars, except it’s the cops - only took four months to release and do some fancy backpedaling along the way. But hey, you just keep giving them the benefit of the doubt - good to see the cops are innocent until proven guilty in your eyes, but not the rest of us

12. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Gee, I wonder why :rolleyes:

This is a good good example of why these cams are needed. But if they are to be used, they need to be used whenever and wherever it’s legal to do so.

13. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

This post should be bookmarked and made a talking point in all these threads dealing with racism. I remarked in this and it was ignored.
    --- Post Merged, May 24, 2018 ---
    I was thinking you would find the above interesting and would want to comment. But I can see why if you don’t.

14. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

The argument was always bodycams protect citizens AND police. I suffered through the slanted talk of that chowderhead in the video giving us the rundown.... which is a topic for another discussion.

Yes, people lie. Yes, that was someone calling racism when there wasn’t any. I don’t see how this video contradicts the others in other threads. If anything, they are complimentary, showing two sides of the same coin. Anyone can lie, and false claims of racism are no different. You seem to be acting like the incidents in other threads and this incident are mutually exclusive. If this video happened, then the other incidents can’t be racism. Obviously, you didn’t say that, but that’s what I’m getting.

It would be like me posting a video of a racist cop to prove something. What would it prove in this thread?

This is just a good example of the need for bodycams by all law enforcement.

15. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

Very good. Without those police videos there would have been threads in this very forum of racism by the police.

And yet as we have a video of an incident in Starbucks and we are playing “guess the managers” anti-social disorder.

Both deserve equal time.

16. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Ok, if you want to play that game, how do we know this guy doesn't suffer from paranoia and delusions? I mean, if we want to fully investigate every corner and turn over every rock, maybe we need this guy's medical history and any possible diagnoses before labeling him a liar. Especially now that the video is out where he will face scrutiny. It isn't fair to slap the label of a liar on him without knowing what motivated him to make that post.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? This guy is a liar, and the manager was a racist.

17. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

It would be ironic, and she should be punished for this, but you hope she gets sexually assaulted?

Sexual assault is wrong, regardless of the situation.

18. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

The video didn’t show anything unusual did it? Of course it’s ridiculous to take a deep dive when there is no smoking gun. But people are really stupid, and it appears some will make false accusations, while others don’t listen to police officers.

19. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

You've taken a deep dive in the other threads by making up possible scenarios to explain why the people's racist behavior might not be racist. I don't want to trudge up those debates again in here, but I have no problem calling this guy a liar based on what I know. I don't have to imagine, theorize or speculate a narrative to defend him. The vid and post are what they are, and they prove what it proves.

20. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

It seems some don’t really care about false accusations of racism but want to pin the label of racism even when it can’t be proven. That is my one and only point and more posts have been used in debating other items of interest.

21. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

Very interesting.

Having turds like this make false accusations of racism could make people question every real act.

This reminds me of women knowingly lie about men raping/sexually assaulting them.

The sad thing is that these type of people rarely get punished.

22. Rum_Becker Suspended

but throwing the label of racist is just fine without the medical history of the Starbucks manager, heck it's even racist to demand people to stop speaking Spanish.

23. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

24. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

1. You didn't read my post, or understand it, in regards to medical history.

2. It's not racist to demand someone stop speaking Spanish (just arrogant and dumb). It is racist to assume they're on welfare and illegal aliens based on them Speaking spanish.

This thread is good on calling out those who falsely accuse racism. What it is not is a rebuttal of the other threads.
    --- Post Merged, May 24, 2018 ---
    I care about both. I mean, if we held the guy lying in this video to the same standard you want to hold people in the other threads to, then maybe we should stop short of calling this guy a liar. That's my point.

Mind you, I don't agree with that... I'm not saying I want to stop short of calling this guy a liar. I just wonder why the arguments aren't applied equally among the threads.

25. Rum_Becker Suspended

Nope, you want the persons medical history before you pass judgement if the person is a liar even though the post and video completely contradict each other yet for an accusation of racism you will pass judgment right away.