Rachal Ray ad gets pulled -because she looks too Arab

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mike Teezie, May 28, 2008.

1. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

I fell our world is slipping from being saved everyday.
    I think we should boycott Dunkin Donuts

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I would pull any Rachel Ray ad because she's Rachel Ray.

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

After a few minutes to ponder, because I too was speechless, I've decided that this is a good thing.

If Malkin's busy trashing Rachel Ray for wearing a paisley scarf it means she knows she's got nothing else. Can't talk about the war, the economy or common decency because her side has f*cked those all up for everyone to see.

All she's got left is to rag on a fried pastry saleswoman.

5. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Its Dunkin Donuts.

Also, who cares, Rachel Ray shouldn't be aloud to be on TV in the first place.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, Dunkin Donuts just lost my business. How utterly spineless of them.

And Michelle Malkin is an absolute ____ing nutcase. :mad:

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You mean Rachel Ray being the spokesperson didn't do it.

I would pull the ads because they are horrible. Boycott whoever gave her a job.

8. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

So I read her blog. So I read her postulations of how the "Left" are hateful for mischaracterising the "debate." So I read her previous "kerfuffles" about celebrities and their "cluelessness" as to the meaning of their garments. I read with slight bemusement of her "fact cross-checking" of Rachael Ray's outfitters in her original article. And that she compares this to whether or not we'd accept a commercial with people adorning KKK attire.

It's somewhat surreal that she decries the "Liberal press' need to bend over backward for anti-American political correctness," when her outrage on this issue is all about political correctness. Thanks, Ms. (or Mrs.?) Malkin, for being a hateful fear-monger. Her blog is infested with it.

That'd be "it's," "Rachael Ray" and "allowed." And to answer your rhetorical question: I care.

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Donut ads aren't a good place for any ad that'll draw political comments ... I'd yank them also.

You're selling donuts, not a side of Clinton with your coffee.

Of course I have a soft spot for the Ford Sport Ka commercial that knocks out the bird.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Regardless of who she is, pulling her ad for that reason is utterly ridiculous.

The US is too full of conservative idiots, and I really don't know how many of you live in the US unless you're in New England or some place with sense.

11. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold

Attached Files:

12. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Without a picture, it didn't happen:

[​IMG]

This is what all the fuss is about?

13. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Oh. Kay. :rolleyes:

Once again the lunatics prove they're in charge of the asylum. Rachael Ray, an inoffensive TV cook, wears a scarf (not a keffyeh BTW) during an ad for fried pastries and there's an issue. Since when did Michelle Malkin become someone to pay attention to?

I'm assuming that wearing fatigue jackets, leather jackets are also verboten according to this lunatic crowd.

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Too Arab???

[​IMG]

Oh, hang on a mo, my mistake. Sorry.

15. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

16. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

We should start a campaign against MM saying she looks like a Viet Cong, and she is obviously here to help the VC begin a guerilla warfare attack against America. ;)

17. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

You can't blame Dunkin Donuts too much. They took the safe route in order to avoid a potential fiasco brought about by some rich %&$%ing $&^*.

How long are we going to let our world be molded and steered this way.

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

19. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

You guys obviously missed the DD commercial where Rachel Ray wrapped the same scarf around her skull, while wielding an AK-47 in one hand... an Iced Latte in the other.

Does anyone want to initiate a counter-ban on DD for giving in to the demands of these nut-cases? I'm serious - I'm tired of this nonsense. It's embarrassing.

20. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Well, that's just it, since Dunkin caved so quickly, I can't throw my money into their hands for standing up to such stupid demands. If Dunkin had stood their ground, insisted that it was just a scarf and they wouldn't be bullied around, I'd be in line for coffee and a bear claw.

I have a Dixie Chicks CD for similar reasons, and I hate country music.

21. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Plus what in the hell is the queen of quick-but-healthy-home-cooked-food doing whoring herself out to Dunkin' Donuts.

22. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

I don't think I would ever set foot in a dunkin donuts anyway

23. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

I agree the US is too right winged, but here in the midwest I've encountered left leaning progressives even in a small town here or there, along with some conservatives even in the urban areas. Granted though I've personally witnessed assbackwards inbred bigots in both places....

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I don't know about this, Rachal Ray's "$40 dollars a day" never was very concerned about how healthy the food was. I watched an episode where she spent the whole time at a ballpark eating hot-dogs and other fare, none of which were salads.

I'm not a fan of Dunkin Donuts either (there's a great donut bakery in town instead), but this doesn't seem all that problematic.

25. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

LOL - don't be ashamed... I hear that album wasn't quite traditional 'country'. It might be safe to give it a few spins in the old CD-player - at a low volume, and over head-phones in case I'm wrong.