Rachel Gets Fruity ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
So... this actually does eventually load? Good god, I thought no one was serving files off a 2400 baud modem any more.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I think I'll design some some of incredibly reliable power supply - possibly solar with kinetic backup power - and build a stable (granite?) structure in a geologically inert area. I'll then move my Mac there and hope it stays on and connected for the many generations it'll take for this message to load. Perhaps, in the far distant future, one of my descendants will learn the secrets of Fruity Rachel.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
mad jew said:
It loaded instantly for me. :confused:
Yeah, I was just reading elsewhere that the site apparently uses advanced algorithms to sense "intimate" information about the user downloading the animation and to time the download to correspond to the amount of time it normally takes that user to... finish. ;)

Anyway, after about 40 minutes (yes!), I can finally see it.

Anyone else disturbed by her biting into that plum at the end? Ouch!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
jsw said:
Yeah, I was just reading elsewhere that the site apparently uses advanced algorithms to sense "intimate" information about the user downloading the animation and to time the download to correspond to the amount of time it normally takes that user to... finish. ;)

Thanks, it all makes sense now. :D

I still think you should create that power source though, it'll come in handy for tomorrow's G5 PowerBooks...

...made by Intel. :confused:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
KingSleaze said:
Caught at a routine checkup.............almost 8 years ago now.
Did you end up with Orichectomy of just the one? Did you have radiation or chemotherapy? How did you feel about the diagnosis and now that the treatment was successful. Now that it's past the 5 years, you are considered cured I would imagine. Happy to hear of your success. ;)

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
jsw said:
just keep telling yourself that ;)

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
I lost the left one to surgery 4 years ago. I had radiation after that. 2 years ago I had a recurrence in my lungs liver and abdomen. That was treated with chemo.

the doctor didn't believe me the first time when I went in. The 2 week delay before the ultrasound might have been all it took to spread and cause the recurrence.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
MongoTheGeek said:
I lost the left one to surgery 4 years ago. I had radiation after that. 2 years ago I had a recurrence in my lungs liver and abdomen. That was treated with chemo.

the doctor didn't believe me the first time when I went in. The 2 week delay before the ultrasound might have been all it took to spread and cause the recurrence.
Its just an answer that you will never know for sure.

Are you clear now after the completion of the chemotherapy. I wish you all the best with being cancer free.