Racist GOP consider removing Obama from ballot in Kansas

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Sep 14, 2012.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/...consider-removing-obama-from-november-ballot/

More mainstream republicans doing racist crap. These aren't fringe. They're the attorney general, secretary of state, and lieutenant governor. They're not nobodies in the GOP. Just more proof that the GOP is a bunch of racists.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I would not go so far in lumping all the GOP as racist. There are some there as well as among Democrats, but probably more among conservatives. Yes, it could be a racist motive, but there could also be a "lets use any means to take the White House back". The "end justifies the means" has been part of the GOP playbook since the 1980s.

If this happens, a Federal Court will slap it down so quickly that it will make their heads spin.

3. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

They're afraid because Romney is losing. So they're going to do ANYTHING to make sure he wins.

4. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

I'm not among the crowd that thinks he wasn't born in Hawaii, but how exactly does someone saying they don't believe he was automatically get dubbed racist? That is a heck of a leap.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Romney is projected to win Kansas anyway, so why are they bothering?

BTW- this is going to hurt the GOP, not help.

OK, so why is it that NO other president has been asked to present his birth certificate?

6. Happybunny macrumors 68000

These things would be funny(bat **** type funny) if it wasn't for the fact that they are the Secretary of State Kris Kobach, Attorney General Derek Schmidt and Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer of the state of Kansas.

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Because he has a funny name. I mean, it sounds foreign (non-white) and it ends in a vowel. Do you know that half the presidents whose names ended in a vowel sound were assassinated??

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Complicated by the fact they can't figure out what things to say that make it better instead of worse. ;)

9. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

No idea, but my first guess would be because of the fact that when he was being promoted as a writer, his agent was promoting him as being born in Kenya. If I remember from the article I read on that it was listed that way for something like 15 years.

They say it was an oversight and I can see that, but it's fairly understandable how some are going to be skeptical.

That said, I agree with others. The Republicans realize they have a dud for a candidate, so they are having to resort to stunts like this in order to try and keep Obama supporters away from the polls on election day.

10. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

...and this is why presidential voting should be done independent of the states.

America united under one flag and all that nonsense. ;)

11. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Well, it could be religious bigotry I suppose. Everyone in Kansas is required to be either a Baptist, Lutheran, or a Calvinist of some sort. Wait -- Romney is a Mormon. Guess not. Romney's father, born in Mexico, was a candidate himself, and that was OK way back when.

If Romney has any sense at all, he will shut this down today. He has been waffling like crazy lately.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It doesn't alarm you that these are elected officials in high state offices?

And after the birth certificate was released you can understand how some are going to be skeptical? Are you kidding me?

13. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I just read the article. What a title. There is nothing that shows racism. Stupidity maybe, but not racism.

That is a very strong word to throw around, and belittles stories of true racism.

I suggest the moderators remove this post.

14. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

If a man ran up to you everyday and slapped you in the face with a rotten fish, soon it'll be the only way you can wake up in the morning.

There is a point in there somewhere.

15. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Seeing as how I'm not a resident of Kansas, it really doesn't alarm me too much. We have enough problems here in GA for me to concern myself with what folks are doing in Kansas.

Yeah...I can understand it. People love a good conspiracy theory. Same people that believe the birth certificate isn't real is right there with those that think we never landed on the moon and that Lee Harvey Oswald was working for the CIA.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, I can understand a goofball with a tinfoil hat living in his parents' basement believing this stuff. But when elected officials start spouting it, we have serious problems.

17. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Perhaps you should look up the full dictionary definition of racism before you make such a claim. You may be thinking that someone who is OK with, say, Colin Powell, and not President Obama, can't be "racist". You would be wrong. What is it about the word "racist" that bothers you when it is obviously applicable in this case? I think the racists in the Kansas GOP should be willing to own racism. To wear it. Look it up.

18. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Sometimes the difference between the two isn't as drastic as we'd like to believe...

19. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Agreed.

More real than you think.

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I love it how when people bring up his name as proof of...whatever, they always say it exactly the same way.

Barack. HUSSEIN. O-BAH-MAH!

Ooooh. Scary.

I don't exactly know much about those behind the obvious Islamic conspiracy who are apparently trying their damnest to take over the country...

...but were I them (I'm not saying I am, this is a totally hypothetical situation here), the last person, and I mean the absolute last person, I'd pick to infiltrate the highest echelon of the US government...

...would be the black guy with the Muslim sounding name.

I mean call it common sense. When it comes to clandestine operations and whatnot, you kinda don't want to call attention to your agents. I'm not exactly well versed in the subtleties of spycraft, but wouldn't it make more sense to get some guy who looked like he just stepped off the Mayflower with a generic name like Tom Smith to spread Islam across the states? No one would expect that.

But Barrack Hussein Obama? Hell, they're practically begging to get busted. It'd be about as stupid as the allies hiring some guy named Hirshel Yechezkel Goldstein to infiltrate the Third Reich. It wouldn't work. It's too obvious.

...or so you'd think. Maybe the obviousness is what draws attention away from them.

Holy ****. That's genius. :O

21. tshrimp, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Here you go.. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism?s=t and it doesn't fit.

You realize they are not trying to keep him off the ballot because of race? If they were than that would be racism. You are putting your own interpretation on it. Can a tomato not just be a tomato?

Please post the information in the article that shows racism. Something that states they are keeping him off the ballot because of his race.

BTW...These guys are morons, I am not justifying what is being done. It is not right in any form, but it is not "racist".

I will go back and re-read the article to make sure I didn't miss something here.

-------

I just read it again, and do not see how ".......because of doubts over his place of birth" is synonymous with racism. Maybe they are trying to leave him off "....because of doubts over his place of birth". We all know this is a reach. Obama is a citizen, but some people just cant get past how the whole birth certificate thing was handled and still have doubts. It is dumb, but not racist

22. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

The US has a long history of questioning the citizenship of someone Black. When the constitution was written, we were not counted as citizens. Through jim crow and segregation we have had to jump through hopes to prove why we should have the same rights as other US citizens or the right to vote. So yeah, questioning if he is really born here and a citizen IS racist. It's a part of racist US history.

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Thank you. It's quite obvious, one would think.

24. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

The history of citizenship and race.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/09/fear-of-a-black-president/309064/1/