Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uaaerospace

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2005
Alabama
ATI X800 out of stock

I have one on order, but have not heard from ATI on when they will ship. If anyone knows... oh please do tell! :rolleyes: ~Josh

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
They are really in short supply right now. I have one pre-ordered with my local mac retailer they said it would be in on the 15th of feb, now they say march 1. I saw that newegg had a few in about a week or 2 ago, i am really kicking myself for not ordering when they had them in stock. Oh well, at least I am supporting some local business.

paco taco mike

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
San Francisco
uaaerospace said:
Well, on the bright side, if you order from ATI and enter the promotional code 1458297589, you will get 10% off (50 bucks). ~Josh

thanks!! does this code expire? i am waiting up until the last minute to buy my card just because i really don't have the money right now.

-mike

uaaerospace

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2005
Alabama
paco taco mike said:
thanks!! does this code expire? i am waiting up until the last minute to buy my card just because i really don't have the money right now.

-mike

I don't know if the code expires or not. My fear of it expiring was what drove me to go ahead and order the new card now. :rolleyes: I called several other resellers today. The most hopeful I found was MacMall; they were out of stock but SAID they would be receiving a shipment on the 28th of this month. They are a little higher than $450, but if they actaully have it in stock.....

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
ive been waiting for a thread about this to come up, are these available in england?

at the moment most of the benchmarks make the x800 to be slightly better than the 6800, but i have also heard that tiger will make the 6800 een better? can anyone confirm that?

uaaerospace

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2005
Alabama
Well, ok...I called some more places, all of which listed the X800 as out of stock. Both MacMall and OWC said that they expect their shipments to arrive in 3 days...(Feb. 28th) Neither of them promised anything, but you might give them a call in 3 or 4 days and get one as soon as it arrives. Of course, both places are more expensive than directly from ATI with the promo code. Here are the links OWC and MacMall.

Available in Canada? Hmmm....anyone want to move? :D
~Josh

paco taco mike

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
San Francisco
still no x800's

It's march 1st, ati claimed this would be the day it would start shipping x800's again and they will be in stock. I checked out the site and saw that they are still not available, when ati? WHEN!?!
-mike

p.s. are there any reports of people receiving theirs?

uaaerospace

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2005
Alabama
paco taco mike said:
It's march 1st, ati claimed this would be the day it would start shipping x800's again and they will be in stock. I checked out the site and saw that they are still not available, when ati? WHEN!?!
-mike

p.s. are there any reports of people receiving theirs?

Man, I am in the same boat; it is killing me waiting. I checked with MacMall today, and they said their stock shipment date had been pushed back to later this month. I guess we will just have to wait a little longer. :eek: ~Josh

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
I don't think those 10% off codes expire; I used one on my order that I found ages ago on the web. ATI then e-mailed me two promo codes to share. I belive I posted them here on Macrumors.

If the code above doesn't work let me know and I'll try to dig mine up.

Lovin' my X800! :D (Sorry, had to rub it in!) ;)

paco taco mike

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
San Francisco
Don M. said:
I don't think those 10% off codes expire; I used one on my order that I found ages ago on the web. ATI then e-mailed me two promo codes to share. I belive I posted them here on Macrumors.

If the code above doesn't work let me know and I'll try to dig mine up.

Lovin' my X800! :D (Sorry, had to rub it in!) ;)
thanks for the code, in advance... if i need it..
-mike

emerrill

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2005
Promo code

Um, you guys....

The promo code '1010' always works on the ATI store for 10% off.

-eric

Bob21

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
AL-FAMOUS said:
ive been waiting for a thread about this to come up, are these available in england?

at the moment most of the benchmarks make the x800 to be slightly better than the 6800, but i have also heard that tiger will make the 6800 een better? can anyone confirm that?

http://www.jigsaw24.com have them listed at £351 inc VAT - although they have none in stock :rolleyes:

While it would be nice to have a new card - it's less than two years since I bought the 9800 for the same price. I wonder if it would be cheaper to buy from the U.S. when they have them in stock.

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
ChrisFromCanada said:
Hmm I thought ATI only had their R&D here and the actual production was done overseas.

Yeah, that's what I meant by ATI being in Canada, plus I know their techsupport line is based in Canada too.

/waiting for my x800

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
I bet Apple bought a huge lot of these cards to put in the new revision of the G5 towers, and that just leaves us with nothing . . . Really its been 2 months and I still haven't seen the card, but to be fair, it was the same situation for the PC side of the card when it first came out, you couldn't get it anywhere.

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
paco taco mike said:
i am so frustrated!! why aren't they available?!
is the 6800 out of the question? should i continue to wait?
That depends on you. Personally, I think the x800 is the way to go. (Duh. I bought one!) :D

Right now, the x800 performs as well as or better than the 6800, is cheaper, isn't nearly as large/noisy as the 6800, and takes up only one slot. Oh yea, you get the ATI control panel to set your AA, AF settings, rotate your display, etc.

The 6800, however, *is* the card you need if you're going to run that monster 30" display. :)

Just on features alone and engineering I'd say the x800 is the better deal. The fact that it's cheaper...? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.