Radio Shack New Years Discount + trade in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kwerner2, Dec 31, 2011.

1. kwerner2 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share my experience with upgrading to the iPhone 4s earlier this evening.

I saw on one of my flipboard articles that radio shack had a promotion for $50 off all iPhones today (for AT&T customers only). So I went in and I found out about their trade in program. The guy inspected my iPhone 4 and entered some stuff into the computer and then offered me $175 (out of the $200 max) for it with the USB cord. Now this was surprising to because I've read that they are pretty stingy when it comes to trade ins and my phone was definitely not in pristine condition (it once got wet and so the home button didn't always work properly, plus the chips on the edges from when I decided to go caseless).

Anyway, I ended up walking out of there with a new 32 gb white iPhone with a zagg screen protector for only $110. I could have gotten the 16gb for free, but they didn't have white and I wanted it to match my iPad. :cool:

2. JeffreyDJ macrumors regular

I did that at Christmas. $175 is the standard for a 16G iPhone 4.

The 32G 4s was $269 then so you got it $20 cheaper than me, but it was still a good deal.

It should be noted I didn't trade in my cable -- it wasn't required (and can be verified by going to the RS website as well).

3. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I ended up upgrading yesterday and getting $50 off. I didn't do a trade in, used it for another line. I think they might still be running the $170 promotion for 16GB iPhone if anyone is still looking to buy an iPhone.