Radio Shack

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dach2k3, Sep 14, 2012.

1. dach2k3 macrumors member

I just pre-ordered at my local Radio Shack. I totally forgot to wake up in time to order online and i can't wait in line on Friday morning, which is what I had done in the past. I really don't want to wait 2 weeks and I don't want to ship to my home since i will not be at home.

Does anyone have any experience buying on launch day at Radio Shack? The sales woman at Radio Shack said that I was the first one to come in and pre-order at 10:45 am. I get in the area at about 8:50 am and they open at 9am, so i am planning on swinging by at opening regardless of whether i receive a call or not. The paperwork that i received clearly stated that i was not guaranteed to receive it on launch day and that they would be called by my local store when my phone came in. We'll see how it goes i suppose.

I had a somewhat similar situation for the ipad 2. It was sold out everywhere and there were big lines every morning at Apple Stores to try and get one. I literally walked into a target at 9:30am and picked up an ipad with zero wait or issues. It was the only one that they had received the night before.

2. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Last year I preordered from Radio Shack quietly. It seemed like I was the only one that did it. They charged me the $200 for the phone up front giving me a gift card to use when the phone actually came in. They guaranteed the phone for me and I asked multiple times about it and they said yes. I walked in release day and was in and out in 10 minutes. Couldn't have gone smoother. Not sure if they've changed for the iphone 5.

3. dach2k3 thread starter macrumors member

Good to hear. We will see how it goes. The store is about 4 minutes from my job so even if it doesn't come in at launch, I can conveniently run down the street and pick it up in no time.

I have a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old, so my life is a little more complicated these days. Waiting in a long line is really not in the cards since I have to drop them off at daycare.

4. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Rs

I just Pre ordered my Sprint iPhone 5 at my local Radio Shack in Vegas after being in the store 2 hours! These people are ridiculous they didn't know what they were evening doing, they only have the white one in 16gb :( when I wanted at 32gb or 64. Did anybody have a issue with the color and memory?

And when I called before I went into the store and they told me I was "Guranteed a iPhone 5 on launch day":) and then when I'm at the store they tell me "it's not guaranteed on launch day anymore":mad: . I asked them what number I was on the Pre order list and they said your a behind a few people (which I'm assuming is around 5 ppl).

Just ridiculous with these folks, I don't even know why I went to Radio Shack, and the only reason I went is because I live In a very rural area of Vegas (Enterprise, NV) and the the nearest Apple or Sprint Store is 15+ miles, and they don't even take Pre order, I would have to go on the 21st and stand in line.

I'm assuming there probably getting like 10 iPhones sent in of what the people Pre ordered since its not that populated here. Well good thing I have a Target in the same shopping center, to bad there not taking Pre order either. But if I don't get my iPhone next Friday or Saturday then I'm just going to go to target.

5. bunger macrumors 6502

I used Radio Shack for the iPhone 4 release and it didn't go well. They didn't get the number of phones they thought and though I was only the 11 or 12 person on the list, they only got in like 6 phones.

I think the 4S release went better, but I didn't try Radio Shack for that one. Was too much of a risk, so I stay with top-tier suppliers ( Apple or the telcos ).

6. wongulous macrumors 6502a

I just don't get why you'd do a pre order there or at Walmart or whatever when there is no guarantee. Better off going to best buy or camping out, or just ordering online and waiting a couple weeks. Lower your stress.

7. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

I ordered my 5s at RS Yesterday. Was told that they would hold my phones for 3 days before putting me back in the que. said as soon as the phones arrive, they put a sticky on the box with my name on it. It's guaranteed to be mine, for three days at least.

8. AsianChexMix macrumors regular

Just called them right now and they pretty much said the exact same thing. Wonder if it'll stand but this sound likes a great option.

9. Built macrumors 68020

That's assuming they get any stock from Apple. IIRC, there have been problems with this in the past.

10. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

my 4s through radio shack didnt go well, they guaranteed the launch day and didnt end up getting as many as they were suppose to.

11. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Yea your right, but I already put a $50 RS gift card down, so I'm screwed. Plus I hate BestBuy.

12. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

I don't understand,I just called a RadioShack about 2 miles from the other one, and they have all the models in black and white except the 64gb version. They said the 16gb's were guaranteed on the $26th and the 32gbs were guaranteed on the 21st. They said the same thing that thell put a sticky with my info on the box for 3 days.

There so retarded. The only reason I went with them is because no one else would take me as a new customer w/ my $250 deposit.

13. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

Called Radio Shack they said yes if you pre order you will get it first day. Go in to the store an hour later they said wait, no guarantee and you can't get $50 deposit back. I want a 32 gig and 32 gigs aren't normally the size they carry

14. 87am macrumors regular

Why would anyone give money to the ******** that is radio shack?

15. thecurryman macrumors 6502

I went to rs this year. It was close by so figured why not! I was the first person to come in and get it pre ordered. They said I'd get it launch day but we will see!

16. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

Story of my life, mine are 3 and 10 weeks!

17. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Because every1 knows RadioShack is garbage therefore that is the only way they can find a popular out of stock phone at there store.

----------

They made the same promise to me :confused: I was one of the first 5 people that day. I'm just hoping a miracle happens and they KEEP THERE PROMISE :D for my :apple: :phone:

18. NismoRoadster macrumors regular

NismoRoadster

Whaaaaa Radio Shack is still alive.

I rent my videos at Blockbuster too.

19. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Makes sense there's only like 900 RadioShack stores in the US so let's say they ordered 7,000 iPhones from Apple they will have to send each store 6-8 iPhones.
    Luckily I fell in 5th place.

And I just got off the phone with BestBuy and they said there doing Pre-Orders but only the people who stand in line get higher priortity on launch day, once the line cools down and IF they have anymore in stock will they then call you.

20. vmk9783 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if there is a way to try to track the shipment with the pin number or order that radio shack gave me

21. leenak macrumors 68020

Umm... Radio Shack doesn't know what devices they get until they receive them. You reserving from Radio Shack doesn't mean that one of their shipments is 'tagged' for you so there is no way to track Radio Shack's shipments or even know if the device you want is within that shipment.

22. nws0291 macrumors 6502

The deposit is a gift card so you can use it on other items if you don't get your phone. You can buy some cases or something else. Or even $50 worht of their crappy batteries.

23. vmk9783 macrumors newbie

Thanks. I am just trying to look for something to grab on to. :( I pre ordered mine orginally through att.com, but i used my sister's card and gave her the cash so my shipping and billing address didn't match. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until att sent me the email. They were saying that they cannot change the shipping address to match the billing address. Blah Blah Blah. They said i could reorder, but of course wouldnt get it until two to three weeks. I am trying my luck with radio shack, but i still don't feel at ease.

24. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I ordered mine this morning at 11am for Friday,Sat or Sunday pickup.You only have 3 days to do so.This year,you buy a $50 gift card to place your order.This is the last day to preorder.My store had 12 available total and still had not met that quota this morning.3 other stores in my area also had 5s available.

25. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

The store I ordered from still has Verizon phones available for Friday pickup as of 450PM Tuesday.No more AT&T or Sprint.