Radioshack Is Offering Preordering As Well As Trade Ins For The New iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djransom, Jun 9, 2010.

1. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I had a chance to check out Radioshack's Twitter(@radioshack) and they will begin preordering Tuesday in addition to AT&T/Apple. They've also sweetened the pot and they offering a $100 credit for a 3G and a $200 credit for the 3GS towards the new iPhone 4 as long as you're upgrade elgible. Now some are going to say that they can get more on CL, eBay, etc. which is true, but some such as myself if I only have to come out of my pocket with $100 and some change for a 32GB iPhone 4 then this works for me as oppose to spending $300 and some change. They should be releasing participating stores soon as I will be at one Tuesday morning. They do require a $50 deposit when you preorder with them which I think should guarantee you one out the gate. Hope this helps some and informs others. Have a good one.

2. Espo macrumors 6502

3. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

4. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I'm not a fan of craigslist anymore. On the news every week there are people being robbed at gunpoint for their iPhones.

If I did a transaction it would be inside a starbucks or someplace with camera's and tons of people.

5. AppleFreak89 macrumors regular

yup, the $50 deposit is actually a $50 gift card, which goes towards the purchase of the phone on the 24th.

6. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Yes, well they are now owned by Best Buy. Interesting to see if Best Buy will do this as well.

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

So if I'm reading the OP right, I could take my iPhone 3G to Radio Shack, and get $100 credit towards a 32GB iPhone 4, putting the price for it initially to be the same as a 16GB iPhone 4?

If so, I may drop my FAN to get that there, then throw the FAN back on. That's a good deal.

BL.

8. bat95132 macrumors member

Not sure if your joking or serious..

To clear any confusion Radio Shack is NOT owned by Best Buy or anyone affiliated by Best Buy. They are their own company and have been since renaming away from Tandy Corporation.

9. Built macrumors 68020

AMEN. I'm tough and can take care of myself...but CL scares me.

10. Built macrumors 68020

The Radio Shack deal sounds kinda enticing, if only I can get over my perception about Radio Shack.

The last time I was in one of their stores was back in 1999, when I was buying my first cellphone, and the "hard sell" they tried to give me was enough to make me walk out. (They were also dishonest in the way they talked about phones I asked about...but which they did not carry.)

Since then, I've just had the perception of them being tired and unprofessional.

11. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Ok, I made have speculated this since Radio Shack is in fact looking to be bought out and Best Buy is the likely candidate. I guess Wikipedia doesn't have this information yet.

12. djransom thread starter macrumors 68040

djransom

That's exactly what I was saying. I've purchased a couple of phones from Radio Shack(only to return them because I didn't like Sprint), but I've never had any issues with them. As long as RS guarantees your iPhone 4 on launch day if you preorder then it's one of the best deals on the market.

13. KidStallyn macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

My 3G has cracked glass and a couple of the buttons don't function.....but I still use it everyday.......Wonder if Id still get the $100??? Would be WELL worth it for me......

14. djransom thread starter macrumors 68040

djransom

It was specified that it was must be in good condition so whether or not that falls under that category remains to be seen. It's worth a shot though.

15. IlliniDude macrumors regular

wonder what they'd give me for my 2G?

probably a foot of speaker wire.

16. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

You can still get more for it off of CL or eBay.

17. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Just check your receipt at the door. You might be charged an additional $1 for a Livestrong bracelet or some other crap at the register.

18. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

What is considered "good condition" and what will Radio Shack do with a bunch of used phones?

19. djransom thread starter macrumors 68040

djransom

Good question

20. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

You could try to fix it yourself. Replacement glass is pretty cheap (around $20 i think), and as long as you don't screw up it'll look as good as new. But if you do that, definitely sell it on ebay. Haven't seen the recent sales, but i guarantee that it's more then $100. Hell they buy broken iphone 3g phones for about $200, since it's easy to fix.

21. scott99 macrumors 6502a

22. Built macrumors 68020

ROFLMAO!

23. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

I've read RadioShacks tweets, I've searched all around Google News, and I can't seem to find an answer to this question...

Will I qualify for the $200 off if I only qualify for the early upgrade pricing of the phone for $399 and not the 2yr upgrade price of $199?

Phone is in excellent condition.

I'd end up paying $199 for the iPhone 4 if that works out, and that'd be sweet considering I just got this one March 23rd...

24. Nino313 macrumors member

I'm with you. Just got my 3GS on march 8th and if they give me $200 off I'll go that route instead. Hopefully they'll open at 6am like they did for the evo launch

25. rossihvac macrumors regular

rossihvac

I'm 100% doing this, I'm too lazy to put my 3GS on bay or craigslist. I will essentially be getting my iPhone 4 for free