Räikkönen signs 3 year Ferrari contract

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
No real surprises there. It wasn't like he could go anywhere else, seeing as pretty much all the top seats in F1 have been filled already!
It looks like next season is going to be a great one. I'm hoping that with the shuffle of drivers we'll have some great battles amongst the top-teams and drivers in 2007! Looking forward to it!

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
How often can one choose between three best teams? Well, great times for us Finns -- now that Kimi has a Ferrari drive and Kovalainen finally got the Renault drive, there's a chance that two Finns are fighting for the title :D :D :D

Alonso might be a bitter boy next year. Or McLaren surprises us all. We'll see...

link92

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
iGav, I just have to hug you for actually putting in the accents in his name :)

As for the actual contract, I think it'll be interesting to see him in a car that's actually reliable (or at least that's what the Ferrari normally has been).

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Kimi will certainly win the Championship now...Without Schu around he will be the fastest driver on the grid and have the best car under him.

Alonso is an outstanding driver but McLaren are not going to be able to give him a car that will compete with Ferrari and Renault (and possibly not Williams or Honda either) next season...

iTwitch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
East of the Mississippi
Lord Blackadder said:
Alonso is an outstanding driver but McLaren are not going to be able to give him a car that will compete with Ferrari and Renault (and possibly not Williams or Honda either) next season...
Are you saying this because of Newey leaving? Hasn't he *NOT* been working on the McLaren for a while now yet they seem to be going better as of late.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
iTwitch said:
Are you saying this because of Newey leaving? Hasn't he *NOT* been working on the McLaren for a while now yet they seem to be going better as of late.
Slightly better, perhaps, but they have not yet come close to recovering the speed they had last season, when they had the fastest car in most races. Who knows, they may bounce back next season - but I'm not so sure. At any rate Alonso's skill can make up for a lot of the car's deficiencies, so he at least may be competitive, but not necessarily competitive for the Championship.