Ram macbook pro 13¨

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nedelq, Jan 23, 2011.

1. nedelq macrumors newbie

This questions probably has been asked before, but i guess the time has changed the product offering.

So the situation is, i got macbook pro 13 late 2009, and i am willing to upgrade it's ram to 4 gigs.
    I'd love to hear from you suggestions for good/not too expensive kit of ram, which can be found on amazon.
    many thanks in advance guys, i would appreciate if u give me a link of the product offered on amazon already so i don't make any mistake.
    talk to u later :)

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Does it have to be Amazon? If not, Newegg.com and macsales.com are too great sources for mac parts.

I'd recommend crucial ram, only because I've had a great experience with it in my mbp.

3. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

just use the crucial ram scanner: http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/MacOS.aspx

to find the fitting ram for your lappy and then search it on amazon

4. nedelq, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

nedelq thread starter macrumors newbie

5. nedelq thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Patdt13 macrumors 6502

7. rjbruce macrumors regular

8. nedelq thread starter macrumors newbie

first of all, thanks mate!

OK i will be honest with u guys, the reason for this upgrade is probably u've heard of guild wars 2 coming out this year some time.
    do you think that it will run on my mac properly with the upgrade if it is 8gigs for instance, by the way my cpu is 2.26:confused:
    basically my idea is to use one of these progs for installing win on mac, and running the game under it

9. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

The nvidia 9400 gpu may slow u down more than the lack of ram.

Cheers,

10. nedelq thread starter macrumors newbie

do u think it will possibly run on medium details?

11. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Not sure since it's an unreleased game, however, there are sites that claim the minimums start at the nvidia 240 and amd/ati 4670 which would mean if you can get the 9400m to work it would most likely run on low settings. Just wait and see.

I ended up just buying a powerful Windows laptop. The BestBuy version of the one in my sig is available as a refurb for $800-$900 and runs many games on high or ultra. Of course it's a Windows machine so you have all manner of bios and vbios updates and removing bloatware to get it perfect but once you do it's a great gaming platform.

Cheers,