Rand Paul’s neighbor

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by TonyC28, Nov 10, 2017.

1. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I thought the Rand Paul neighbor story was a little weird at first and it has only gotten weirder. Since it seems the answer is not politics and therefore any posts on this forum should not contain the words “Hillary, DNC, Trump, guns, the Wall, right, left, Obama, Republicans, Democrats, Russia, Benghazi, collusion,...” what do you guys think happened? I’m thinking someone was having an affair with someone’s wife or something along those lines.

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

From what I have heard, and I haven't really been following the story was that Rand was mowing his lawn and the neighbor came over and decked him?

3. TonyC28 thread starter macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Yea that seems to be the only detail that anyone agrees on. Rumor was that it was over a lawn dispute but that has been disputed. Neighbor supposedly said it had nothing to do with politics. What do guys fight about besides their lawn and politics?? Women!

4. vrDrew macrumors 65816

According to (totally fake news, probably failing) CNN, the dispute had something to do with Rand Paul's somewhat cavalier approach to following neighborhood association rules as they relate to yard waste:

Yeah. That's libertarianism in a nutshell. It gives you the freedom to dump dead leaves in your neighbor's yard ad infinitum.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I hate when people don't mow in the proper cross cut fashion. Im sure that's what the dispute was about. "You're mowing in circles" Crack!

6. TonyC28 thread starter macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I got a ride-on lawnmower this year and I do the closed rectangle thing sometimes for the backyard and I hate myself for it. If a neighbor came over and broke my ribs I’d totally understand.

7. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

According to the other faux news site, a neighbor said that "Boucher apparently mentioned something about Paul's trees being in the way when he's tried to sell his house".

8. Zenithal macrumors G3

Pretty normal stuff. The disputes. Not the assault.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I don't think it needed to get to that level. As a homeowner, I know that passions can rise over seemingly trivial matters.

Though I do find it amusing to hear how Rand regularly violates the rules of his neighborhood. If you want to play libertarian, then you should move to where there's no HOA.

10. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Well the neighbor in question is single and lives alone, so that rules out the wife theory.

11. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

If there is a god, there would be a gif of this we could play on loop.

12. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

I'm not all for people getting blindsided, but that would be damn funny to see.

13. SusanK macrumors 68000

Maybe Ryan should check his back door ;)

14. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Rand Paul has always come as somewhat skittish. Something never seemed right with him.

15. SusanK macrumors 68000

The man who assaulted Paul must be bats#$@t. He has assets and behaves that way? A lawyer (civil) would be more cost effective.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Paul is stating it was politically motivated, the shrubbery story is from the defense lawyer.

Neighbor is a ******* liberal who attacked a member of Congress, imagine if a right wing loon tackled Pelosi in her yard.

17. SusanK macrumors 68000

You'd blame it on Hillary :)

18. Zenithal macrumors G3

What happened to good old-fashioned fisticuffs? Yeesh. Everything has to be TMZ grade drama these days.

I'm showing my age and ignorance here because it's generally not accepted anymore to say this, but he's always come across as a poncy twit. As for the neighbor, I'd read his wife left him in 2008 and took the then underage kids because he was a bit cuckoo.