Rand Paul's son gets DUI, what does this mean for the campaign?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Hieveryone, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Hieveryone, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

Hieveryone macrumors 68020

2. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I'm the last person to defend rand Paul, but I don't think it's fair to hold his adult son's actions against him. Especially given that no one was hurt, thankfully.

3. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Maybe, these things are tough. I mean do you hold Rand Paul responsible as well? Do we want the 1st kids running a muck? Will he be acting in such a irresponsible way in the future?

These are questions that are tough to answer. It's like that Sarah Palin lady. Something about her kid getting pregnant and saying something like she can't help it etc. I was like...:eek:

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Meh, no issue

----------

Lmfao.

Seriously. Nothng to see there.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Is Rand Paul's family going to make the Palins look sophisticated?

6. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

The Palin family was not fit to be the 1st family. At all. No poise. No class. No chance.

7. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Regardless of how much Faux News would try to make this into a big deal if it were a Democrat, this isn't a bid deal at all. Who cares?

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Two words:

Billy Carter

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Bush daughters ring that bell as well.

However, not to totally defend Paul as well, but his son is an adult, and should live or die by his own actions. In the Bush daughter's case, they were minors, and the parents should have taken care of that.

In this case, it would be slightly tacky to blast Rand for the actions of his adult, independent son, let alone low and tacky altogether to bring family into a political argument.

BL.

10. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

We'll see. I have a feeling this won't go away. Maybe it'll be brought up during the debates or something by the moderator or another candidate.

I'd imagine Hillary asking something, in a polite way, "Regarding your son's DUI, how does the reflect your ability to parent? And if the President is in some ways a father figure of the nation, how are you qualified to serve"

Then he'll go on a tangent "How dare you bring my family bla bla" and Fox will have his back.

Mark my words.

11. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

I find your sudden change of belief hilarious. "The D's will be jumping all over this" then, after no one took your bait, "I have a feeling this won't go away"

Am I the only one that gets this feeling?

12. FreemanW macrumors 6502

. . . . maybe one less passenger/driver in the GOP Clown Car for the 2016 Gong Show?

It is a bit difficult to take seriously any aspect of the American Political landscape given what passes for news in the wholly owned corporate propaganda machine called the media and what passes for an exemplar of "Representative of the People" in the halls of Congress.

The United States has become a laboratory Petri dish of capitalism. The only question remaining is what it will look like when the critical mass is achieved and implosion occurs.

13. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I can always count on you for a laugh.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

15. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Are we all sure he is in fact, older than me?

16. Happybunny macrumors 68000

This is a total non story.

It would only become important, if Rand Paul used/or tried to use his influence to make the problem go away.

17. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Seriously, who cares about what the son does? Just like the Monica Lewinsky "scandal", this is a non-issue.

----------

No that's just ridiculous and stupid.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

That question will never be asked by Hillary.

19. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Whether we are talking about Jeb Bush, Joe Biden, Rand Paul, or anyone else, I would never judge a candidate based solely on his or her children getting in trouble. Children develop wills of their own. Parents can guide and advise, and, have their guidance and advice ignored. (Insert list of classical literature citations here.)

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I might differ with you if Rand Paul Jr., was 12.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

We'll mark them alright. Please don't get banned until we're closer to the election. I haven't seen comedy gold like yours in quite some time here in PRSI.

22. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

Even if it were Rand, himself, it wouldn't matter. He's not going to win a presidential election. He'll be lucky to win the Primary.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

careful how you mark those words, I used a sharpie and now I might be in need of a new monitor
    [​IMG]

24. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

As long as Rand Paul doesn't try to use his influence as a senator to get him out of it this has absolutely no bearing on if he is qualified to be president or not.

25. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If these are your words to be marked, then you should also go on record in nothing that HRC didn't say a bloody word from 2001 to current day about Jenna and Barbara Bush getting busted for underage drinking. Not a single word criticizing them.

This came as a parent, when as First Lady, her and Bill stated that Chelsea was off limits. Same applied for the Bush girls. Same would apply for Paul.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=120280&page=1&singlePage=true

She has a history of keeping children out of the press, and not using them as vitriol for politics. So unless you can come up with evidence to show to the contrary, your words to be marked are a farce.

BL.