Random Email Adresses showing up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macJC50640, Jun 28, 2013.

1. macJC50640 macrumors regular

Hello there,

Today I noticed something very strange while trying to send a note as an email to one of my contacts. As you know, if one were to perform this task the phone would prompt you with a box to type in the email address of who you would like the note sent to.

As I typed in the first letter of the email address, I noticed that the suggestions that pop up did not look familiar to me at all. After backspacing and typing in more letters I came to realize the phone had tons of random emails in the suggestions with an "other" written underneath them. As far as I know, if it is suggesting emails for you to use the phone thinks that these addresses are either often used, or recently used, correct?

These email addresses have names with them, and I do not recognize these people. Another strange factor: these names and addresses do NOT show up in my contacts app.

Might I add that I often send pictures, notes, contacts, emails, etc. to people and I have not noticed this before. I believe this is an issue that popped up today, because I think I would have noticed this before.

Hopefully somebody knows why this is happening, and what should I do about it?

Thank you

2. Mr.Mischief macrumors newbie

That happened to me a while back when Google saved all of the craigslist email addresses I had sent. Those anonymous email addresses would pop up until I removed them from my contact book.

It's possible something like that happened to you. Possibly, one of your email accounts synced email addresses that were used for craigslist and such.