random humor that i find to be so annoying to not think about, but cant help it.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dsprimal, Jun 11, 2010.

1. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

ok so im laying in bed in the dark with my mbp on my lap, and next thing i know, a random ass baby spider dangles down onto my screen. 1st thing i do is smack it, and then i was like "oh s***, dont wanna get dead pixels from hitting it, nooooooo" so after worrying about that, the spider falls down to the hinge, then i turn on the light in my room to see if it fell through the bottom, next thing i realize is it 100% most likely fell into the cooling vents.......WOW. so annoying, now that i have a dead spider in my mbp. GG (GOOD GOING).

ok my rant is over, just had to release some tension at 1am....

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

i understand your frustration. if you must, take off the bottom panel (by removing the 10 screws from the bottom) and spray a can of compressed air inside the machine to blow anything out of it

3. ComputersaysNo macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

Compressed air will only make the spider mutate faster. Are you sure you killed it?

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

the heat inside the computer would almost certainly kill anything... if you want to make sure that it is dead, run a couple yes >/dev/null processes in terminal for a few minutes to guarantee that the internals would get hot enough to kill it. then blow it with compressed air.. hope i helped! :)

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

He's joking about the radiation that computers emit...

6. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

i understand that. i was just saying that the heat might not have been strong enough to kill it, and the OP should run up the processor's heat to kill it. Nice signature, btw.

7. mudwoman22 macrumors member

haha...oh god, I'm sorry...=)

the other night, I left my mbp open on a chair, and my cat went and laid on it...it was all I could do not to throttle her...

hair..EVERYWHERE...god...I feel like I have an infant with this thing, it's the most expensive thing I own right now xD

8. dsprimal, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011

dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

LOL, that's a fancy cat mattress ;) but yeah, how far do u think crums or in my case a spider can travel if it goes into the cooling vent? do u think if i shot some compressed air into the hinge while my mbp screen is open and upside down that stuff with be able to come out without having to open up the bottom case?

if you could give an estimate on how far things can travel into your mbp through the vents, by saying which keys on your keyboard as "travel distance marks" to give an estimate on where the darn spider could have gone. im sure its dead cause i smooshed my finger onto the screen over it, and had to wipe off its guts from my screen. im more pissed that i pressed on my screen witha good amount of pressure :rolleyes: dead pixels test here i come!

thanks for the replies guys :D

9. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

btw, if the spider mutates i will be the 1st person to have a real COMPUTER BUG. LOL.

10. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

the reason that it is called a computer bug is because the original "computer bug" was a moth.

11. Doju macrumors 68000

12. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

your only option now is to molotov everything

13. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Agreed.

14. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

That will teach you not to kill poor spiderlings, wont it?

15. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

You learned a lesson that PETA would be proud of.

Also, blow that sucker out of there!

16. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

LMAO at the posts hahahaha. now that its 1am (24 hours) after the incident, i'm sure the baby spider is now dead and splattered into a million pieces...too lazy/don't wanna risk scratching the bottom of my mbp witha screw driver to blow out a 5mm sized spider. ill do it once i decide to upgrade my ram or hdd to a ssd.

ps. Molotov's and nukes are necessary. until then, this spider is probably in one of the fanciest houses his young life has ever seen.

17. DisneyRicky macrumors regular

DisneyRicky

And it's all nice and bright inside because of the keyboard light. Wait a week, you will have many babies! You should get that video that looks like a spider in inside your computer! ;)