Random Itunes message 'to access this podcast, you need to log into 82.136.33.201'

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lazydaveok, Sep 8, 2010.

1. lazydaveok macrumors newbie

Hi folks. I'm new to these forums so a big hello.

When i'm listening to music on my Mac Pro I 'randomly' get the message:

'to access this podcast, you need to log into 82.136.33.201'

Like i say this is when i'm listening to music and not trying to open a podcast. It happens randomly (about every half hour or so) and is usually in the middle of a song. It never happens when a song's starting and i've never been denied access to any songs (or podcasts for that matter).

I've also got the same music collection on my MacbookPro and don't have this problem there.

I put '82.136.33.201' into my browser and came to LBC Podcasts site. I believe i've never downloaded any LBC podcasts and searched their podcasts list to make sure.

I've had this problem for a few years now, my macbook pro recently not booting up, being the reason for me playing music on the mac pro more, hence needing this problem sorting. This problem has persited over many itunes and os updates. For the record i'm using itunes 10 and OS X version 10.6.4

Apologies if this problem has been covered here before. I searched the forums and on google and couldn't find an answer.

Any help will be greatly received.

Dave

2. lazydaveok thread starter macrumors newbie

I registered to LBC podcasts. I then entered my username and password the next time the 'to access this podcast...' message randomly came up.

Didn't make any difference.

Any ideas?