Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andylel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2015
I have noticed that I get random audible tri-tone notifications lately on my watch whether or not I am wearing it and with no notification on screen. It is two short higher tones followed by one lower short tone all evenly spaced and is accompanied by a haptic buzz when I am wearing it. I am not able to establish any pattern to it and it can happen at any time of the day. Does anyone else experience this or know what it might be?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I have noticed that I get random audible tri-tone notifications lately on my watch whether or not I am wearing it and with no notification on screen. It is two short higher tones followed by one lower short tone all evenly spaced and is accompanied by a haptic buzz when I am wearing it. I am not able to establish any pattern to it and it can happen at any time of the day. Does anyone else experience this or know what it might be?

Do you have an alarm set on the watch itself? That's the only time I've seen my watch make a sound when it wasn't being worn.

Cycling Asia

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2016
That sounds like the activity achievement tone. Maybe check the settings for notifications for activity (iPhone -> watch app -> activity).

just a thought

lauramayer

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2016
Reset you Apple Watch. Maybe this helps.

kRQBkqd_700wa_0.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.