RANT: To everyone complaining about their upgrade dates, and cost of their iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jman14, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jman14 macrumors 6502

I doubt I'm the only one here that is tired of people complaining about their upgrade dates, and how much their new iPhone 4 will cost.

AT&T is already doing a favor by allowing anyone who has an upgrade in 2010 to upgrade on June 24th, up to 6 MONTHS EARLY! People who have upgrade dates in January or Feb or even a months after that, are complaining they don't get that get the upgrade price. You would have had to wait that long already, even if they didn't allow the upgrade for anyone with a contract end date in 2010. So your contract is not changed at all, it remains the same as when YOU signed it! You should have thought about this when you last upgrade as the iPhone comes out EVERY YEAR AT THE SAME TIME! (Except for the 2G)

They even try and help by giving most people early upgrade at $200 under no commitment pricing.

All in all- its the same contract you signed granted some people get a break and pay the full discounted price. There is no need for 10 million threads bashing on AT&T for "ripping you off" You signed the contract, you have to live by it. Its the way the world works.

/endrant

2. daveross macrumors newbie

No real upgrades for iPhone customers

http://bit.ly/iphone-no-upgrade

a current iPhone customer has to make the same commitment and bear the same cost that a newbie to AT&T and the iPhone needs to make.

3. outphase macrumors 65816

Sense of entitlement much?

4. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

As opposed to the no contract, not eligible for upgrade price? This is a bad thing because....

5. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Is it possible that we can get mad at AT&T when they annoy us (dropping unlimited data plans and such) AND when they try to help people out by getting the iPhone to them at a cheaper price? :)

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

are you kidding?

you realize that the upgrade is to get that subsidized price or partly subsidized price before your contrat is up........ you do know that usually, the makeup of the remainder of the phones cost is paid by your thoughout your 2 year commitment

7. Cash Regime macrumors member

Cash Regime

I think there are some valid complaints. They should not have even messed with it at all by letting customers upgrade 6 months early. If they just let it alone, I don't think there would be millions of people like me complaining.

The problem is they decided to let SOME people get the brand new iPhone for a full subsidized price while others are currently not even eligible for the early upgrade price. They have to pay full retail, even though they got the same phone at the same time and pay the same for voice, data, and text monthly. If there was some logic in their decision and consistency as to WHY some people are getting these advances in upgrades and others are not, then that would make me stop bitching. But when I see some other dude who got the same phone at the same time and is paying the same monthly price as me, and he gets the new iPhone for 199 while I must pay 599, of course I'm going to bitch.

Their policies are not consistent, and their customer service reps have no idea what is going on. I think it will get better over the next few days once management figures out what they're going to do. But as of now, it's frustrating because ATT and Apple were obviously not on the same page when they did the keynote, and ATT is completely unprepared how to deal with these issues.

8. 184550 Guest

I find it hard to sympathize with those who expect special treatment every year a new iPhone comes out.

However, one would think that by now ATT would have realized the fact that a majority of iPhone customers will upgrade each and every year. Thus, I think that ATT should introduce some sort of plan/ contract/ option that will allow one to upgrade every year that a new iPhone is introduced. Whether this scheme calls for a higher initial device price or other method of recovering the cost over a period of a one year contract, I think that it is high time that ATT addresses this problem in a reasonable way that takes into account the 'loyalty' of the iPhone crowd.

9. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

You expected to get the iPhone 4 for free? And then when you can get it for $199, you are upset about it?

Oi vey. Where do these people come from?

10. Cash Regime macrumors member

Cash Regime

After clicking on that link, I now completely understand where the original poster is coming from. I didn't know bitches like this existed and made blogs about how they couldn't get the iPhone 4 for free. I hope everyone goes to your blog just so more people think you're a douche, daveross.

11. g8orballboy macrumors regular

Amen to THAT!!!!

12. brothermatt macrumors newbie

I agree. My wife and I purchased (2) 3GS phones at the same time on launch day, and yet her phone is eligible for the discount and mine is not until 1/28/11. I would be happy if they would at least give me the early upgrade option. That way if I sell my wife's 3GS I can use the proceeds to subsidise the iPhone 4.

13. Built macrumors 68020

I wasn't eligible for early upgrade from my 3G to the 3GS...I accepted that...It's called being an adult.

14. Jman14 thread starter macrumors 6502

Their policies are consistent, it just varies on the amount your line bills every month. $0.00- $69.98- You get an upgrade every 20 months. $69.99-99.98- upgrade every 18 months. And $99.99 or above and upgrade every 12 months. Thats why he would have an upgrade in 2010, while you have one in 2011. If you had an upgrade in 2010, and had an iPhone on your plan on June 7th then you too would be able to pay $199. Instead you only have to pay the higher price. Again, they are trying to bring in business by offering this accelerated upgrade. There out to make money, just as a business should do.

15. g8orballboy macrumors regular

Niether was anyone else, it's a bit different when everyone around you is allowed, but you're held back for reasons that NO ONE can thoroughly explain.....BIG difference

16. g8orballboy macrumors regular

If that were true, sure, but my friend has the 40+30+5 plan (well under 100 even after taxes) and got a 3GS on launch and is able to upgrade while I pay 130 a month after FAN and even the primary isn't eligible until feb....

17. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

People need to realize life isn't fair. Sometimes you get the short end of the stick, they should just take it like men and ****. Seriously, I listen to some of these whining idiots and suddenly I'm not surprised we have the idiot we have in the oval office and some of them in congress. These whining virginia's are 18+yr olds who got everything they wanted from mommy and daddy.

18. Cash Regime macrumors member

Cash Regime

I have a 39.99 voice plan, 30 data plan, and a 5 text plan, which is under 100. I understand that I should not be eligible for the 199/299 discount, but I feel I should be eligible for the 399/499 discount exactly as last year. However, other members have reported that they are on the SAME exact monthly plan as I am on (voice, data, and text) but are eligible for the 199/299 pricing, while I am only eligible for the full retail pricing of 599/699. This is where the inconsistencies lie.

19. Cash Regime macrumors member

Cash Regime

I suppose you are right, but I'm sure you've complained about things that you felt were unfair as well, ****ing macho bitch.

20. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Never, in all my life (this is no ****), have the words "This is unfair" come out of my mouth. Ish happens, that's come out of my mouth. But complaining about a company not allowing me to break a contract I signed, sorry, no one owes me a thing in this life.

21. Built macrumors 68020

22. Built macrumors 68020

I don't agree with you about the President (I support Obama), but I agree with you on all other counts.

Sometimes, life is just not fair.

Sometimes you get the gold mine...Sometimes you get the shaft!