Rape A Feminist Problem.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AP_piano295, Feb 15, 2012.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I saw John Stewart highlight this on his show last night.

"Rape too much." - another quality quote from her

3. Happybunny macrumors 68000

When clicked the link all became clear.

Fox News, Murdock press at it's best.

4. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

She is not fox news. She is a pundit, paid for her opinion. Left and right wing news stations hire pundit views they agree with and disagree with.

5. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It got a reaction. That may have been the entire goal.

6. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Exactly, and she is stating her opinion that rape will probably be higher. Sounds like a reasonable opinion. Doesn't mean she agrees with rape or wants them to be raped.

7. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I found it kind of tacky. I was saying that these people obviously calculate their statements in advance. Even if the statement is controversial, if it brings ratings, she is likely to be hired again.

8. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

One of those other decades, like the 80s or the 70s, we had this expression, "too much!", which kind of translated to "oh wow!" See, when she said they were "being raped, too much", there was a long pause in the middle of that, almost like she was flashing on the past or something. Man.

9. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

You must be joking. Plenty of women serve in the military in many other nations around the world without the men forcing them into mass gang-bangs. Her point also comes across like its not the fault of the men but of the feminists and that some level of rape and sexual assault is to be expected. Nothing short of disgusting.

10. AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

No she stated her opinion that supporting women who are raped (IE* Via Victims Advocates and Counseling) is a ridiculous waste of money.

11. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

This is perhaps the most galling statement.
    Could this be considered not supporting the troops? Why then was there a call for body armor years ago?

I get it, she doesn't want women in the military. Her argument is that this is the cause of the rapes, that the men can't help themselves. Let's gender segregate schools, jobs, police and fire departments. Heck, let's cover women from head to toe so their curvy parts won't cause men to rape. Wait, that sounds a lot like...the Taliban

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yet FOX continues to employ her despite other incidents in her past. They know exactly what they are paying for.

13. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

There are rapes currently in the military....or in any realm you can think of. Mixing more men with women will increase that number.

14. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Makes you wonder why we bother to mix at all. Men just want to rape, rape, rape. Funnily enough, Santorum's point of view about women in the military is the same but the reasoning is the polar opposite. Chivalry will prevent the mission from being accomplished. In both cases, the goal is clear but reaching it requires mental gymnastics of the highest calibre.

15. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

That just stupid, "men just want to rape, rape rape"? No there are some men that will rape, and given the right opportunity and right conditions they will. I am not against women in combat arms. I am against rape. You put men and women together and rape will happen. This happens in college as well. I am sure 99% of men make it through college without raping someone, but it happens in the dorms all the time.

16. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

That's where I disagree. I believe that adding more women to the military should reduce the instances of rape as the culture and command begins to change. Its when the culture promotes such behavior that things get worse.

17. AP_piano295, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

Are you also against counseling and support for rape victims?

Because the people whose views your defending think, rape victims should just shut up or leave the military.

After all if a woman is raped it's because she stepped out of line, so really it's her fault?!?!

18. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Well my best friend while I was in Iraq got raped. I don't think anybody promoted the behavior of the guy who raped her, and he was punished for it. Though I don't believe it was harsh enough.

19. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

That could be considered as a complicit acceptance of the behavior or at the very least as a problem not worth looking too hard into. Now that the military is coming to terms with its homophobia, it needs to face up to its chauvinism.

20. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Why would I be against that? Of course I am not against that.

I am all for women to be in the military and be able to do whatever jobs they want and are able to do. I am not defending her position, I am saying people are trying to read between the lines.

Seriously? Your sarcasm is out of line.

21. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I can't imagine being so ideologically wed to a lowest common denominator entertainment channel that I'd feel the need to defend their choice of trolling rape pundits on the internet.

22. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

These ARE Fox viewers we are talking about.

23. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

This is true. And why the channel is so strong.

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Perhaps if she was raped ..... not that's not right, is it??

I can scarcely believe that the same person wrote both those sentences. :eek:

Can I introduce you to a woman, who stepped out of line, at age 6?

"You can't handle the truth!!!"