Rapid Battery Drain to 1% then iPhone shut off....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CotaFloata, Jan 2, 2012.

1. CotaFloata macrumors newbie

Have had the 4s for a couple of months and had pretty good battery life for the most part. However, have noticed over the past few weeks that the battery once it reaches the 30-35% percent range will rapidly drop to 1% then shut off and reset...all happening within a matter of 1-2 minutes. can't be normal.

It happens when I run processes, specifically FIFA 12, which led me to believe there is a bug in the app. Think that this is the case but it has also happened during a call and while browsing safari

Went in for a genius appointment today and they said the battery was great after some diagnostics were run. They reinstalled firmware just to be safe and said to check back if issue persists. Noticed tonight that it already has.

Is there anything I need to do before going back to Apple Store. Have restored a couple of times, killed apps, etc. Want to make sure I try everything...Thanks in advance

2. fins831 macrumors 6502a

If its certain apps that are memory leaking, stop using em. Delete the apps, do a backup without them, then reinstall iOS and load the backup, then make sure those apps aren't there.

If certain things are setting the batt drain off, chances are if Apple says diagnostics look good, its an app memory leak...find the app, and delete it

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

That's not normal at all. I'd go back and tell them that restoring hasn't helped your issue at all.