Rapidshare download manager for OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by monty77, Dec 11, 2007.

1. monty77 macrumors 6502a

...have a premium account so not looking to bypass any time restrictions, just an app to manage a lot of file links. Ideally I'd like to copy/paste in a list of links and have an app download them in turn.

Anything out there for OS X ?

Thanks!
    Adam

2. ironjaw macrumors 6502

3. UselessObserver macrumors newbie

4. weemac macrumors newbie

code recognition

Hi all,

i'm having a problem with downloading multiple files from rapidshare with whom I have an account. I've downloaded both speed downloader and igetter but if i enter the files as i've found them online such as:

http://rapidshare.com/files/4191251/Monoke_DVDrip_DivX6.part01.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/4191248/Monoke_DVDrip_DivX6.part02.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/4186496/Monoke_DVDrip_DivX6.part03.rar

I just get 8k rar files - not the real thing needless to say! My flatmate uses a thing called rapget to change the above file links to another code which worka fine but it only works on a pc and i've not been able to find anything for the mac. This has left me manually downloading all the files which is a bit of a pain in the arse! Anyone got any suggestions for me?? Thanks,

the wee fella

5. mhblake1 macrumors newbie

You need to put in your Rapidshare name and password into the authentication required boxes when you add the files.

Hope this helps.
    :cool:

6. Hyperfast macrumors member

I don't think rapidshare works with iGetter any longer :(

7. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

Try this

8. pluke macrumors newbie

9. PHREK macrumors newbie

Exactly - jDownloader

http://jdownloader.org

Has worked for me in the past - not so sure now
    Rapidshare is always tinkering w/ shht to make it ruff on folks

:apple:

10. timmas macrumors newbie

well not sure if you still want this and if you use firefox but here goes:

you can install downthemall addon to firefox and it will do the trick, if you use forums witch code they're links you can also add linkification wich turns any text url to hyperlink.

hope my first post helps you :)

11. thewright1 macrumors regular

thewright1

That is the one my friend. I love it! Thanks for the info.

12. tylerdn macrumors newbie

I use speed download. Works for Rapidshare and Megaupload links.

13. mpcreation macrumors newbie

downThemAll + linkifiction is a great solution but is there a way to limit the download speed of downThemAll? I don't want to download with whole speed. I want to save like 10% for internet browsing or somethig ;/

14. r0x0r macrumors newbie

where do you put your rapidshare premium user/pass for downthemall??

15. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

This, along with a Rapidshare links checker greasemonkey script.

Works flawlessly.

16. jdonovan macrumors newbie

17. appsfinder macrumors newbie

hope this helps

i use rapget on mac works fine. but you have to change you rapidshare account settings to Direct downloads, requested files are saved without redirection via RapidShare

18. coops macrumors regular

JDownloader is great - for Macs or Windows..... works with rapidshare, megaupload and many many others. It will detect any links that you copy (you can turn this off whenever you like) and means no need to paste them in... it'll list them in appropriate 'groups' and test their availability.

Once all the links in a group are complete it will unrar them itself, no problem (you can even supply any passwords if needed, in advance).

You can specify max download speeds etc and number of connections.... frequent updates, just very , very good.

Coops

19. iBlob macrumors newbie

Jdownloader is the best one I have found. You don't even need to paste them it automatically detects what you have copied (on your clipboard). It also quickly tests all links before it starts trying to download. It's compatible with premium accounts as well (not just rapidshare but almost every sharing site out there).

20. SwitchMicro macrumors newbie

yeah, i've used jdownloader. I found it pretty tough to get the hang of, and i've got an msc in computer science. Maybe it's the language barrier of the author. I also find that it's a real memory hog, but I suppose you can expect that with java.

Since I only use rapidshare and I'm a premium user I ended up going with rapgetmac which I'm happy with. Although, if you use other hosts I can see why jdownloader would be desirable

21. thewright1 macrumors regular

thewright1

Just click on one of the rapidshare links, and when it takes you to the rapidshare site, enter your username and password, and then it won't ask you again.

22. thewright1 macrumors regular

thewright1

For some reason my Speed Download stopped working and then all of sudden, it started working again (weird) but I by far like Speed Download better then Download them All just for the fact that you can copy and paste links directly into Speed Download. With DTA, you have copy one link, then go your manager window, then click add, then click ok. Nothing like copying the whole stack of RS links, and then pasting them all at once. That's where SD has them beat. Do you know if rapgetmac offers that same feature?

23. Gunslinger Girl macrumors newbie

All I want for christmas is my rapidshare account.

I need some help. I've just gotten a Mac. On my old computer I was using rapidshare and idm to take the movies compress and watch. Now I'm completely lost I don't know what program to use, what safer OR how to use a new program at all.
    Help I want my downloading days back!!!

24. frenchie0101 macrumors 6502

have you not read the thread from the top, it explains different apps to use to download your files.. after downloading get macpar deluxe to extract your files

25. Thedesolateone macrumors newbie

Do any of you use a download manager with a non-premium account? I haven't got a premium account at the moment (I mainly use MU because RS is unbelievably unfriendly to free users) and the only thing I want it for is the ability to copy and paste links and for it to automatically download stuff one-by-one when it can.

For example when there is a bunch of links for something, and you want to download all the links one-after-the-other, but don't want to have to click and wait for them all yourself.

I just downloaded firefox, greasemonkey, downthemall and linkification, but I got the problem I had always had before -- instead of downloading the file it downloads a tiny html or htm document called "megaupload.com".

This seems like such a noobish problem but I've actually been downloading with RS and MU etc. for a long time -- I just can't work this one out.

Any help would be much appreciated.