Rapidweaver is to Dreamweaver as ?____? is to Photoshop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by the sinner, Sep 23, 2008.

1. the sinner macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a simple, elegant and inexpensive graphics designer. I used the analogy in the subject to point out an example of this type of niche software.

Basically I want to be able to quickly create some nice looking graphics, mess, ad banners around with some photos and fonts and not break the $100 limit. I don't need heavy lifting of Photoshop CS3. Just something simple and fast that creates nice results, just like Rapidweaver does.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Possibly GraphicConverter could work for you, though I'm not sure how the development has kept up since I last used it. There's several new apps for the Mac that have come about since the Intel switch, but I haven't been thrilled about them.

Then of course there's always Photoshop Elements. It seems to be well made, only $89.

jW

3. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

well. it seems like you want something like inscape. its a great graphics editor with similarities to both illustrator and photoshop. (more illustrator though) if you are looking for a photoshop alternative, you can search around the forums and see what people say about (the) Gimp. its a great photo editor and is more photoshop like than inscape.

4. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

I've found that the application you're after doesn't actualy exist....:confused: