Rasmussen: President Trump's Approval Rating is Now 59%

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SteveJobzniak, Jan 26, 2017.

1. SteveJobzniak, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017

SteveJobzniak macrumors 6502

SteveJobzniak

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/political_updates/prez_track_jan26

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday [Jan 26] shows that 59% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-one percent (41%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 44% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 31% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of +13."

Friendly reminder: Obama's Rasmussen Approval Index mostly remained at -20 (negative 20) throughout his years: http://launch.newsinc.com/share.html?trackingGroup=90062&siteSection=rasmussen&videoId=31864941 (click for video). To earn his -20 rating, you had 60% who Strongly Disapproved of Obama and only 40% who Strongly Approved. Obama remained in the strong negatives year after year until late 2016, when Democrats once again started reminiscing about how nice it was to have "anyone other than a pro-American President" in office, so Obama slowly rose to +3 in his final 4 months, a positive rating he hadn't seen since his first months of being elected in 2008. Good riddance.

Another friendly reminder: Another good riddance was George W Bush, a warhawk who had a -30 rating in his final month in office thanks to starting the Iraq war.

----

Trump hasn't even reached his final form yet. He is just warming up. Just watch and enjoy the ride.

1.png
    (Note: The lowest point on the left-hand scale starts at 50%, for those who cannot read charts.)

2.png
    (Note: The lowest point on the left-hand scale starts at 20%, for those who cannot read charts.)

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

3. SteveJobzniak thread starter macrumors 6502

SteveJobzniak

It was inevitable when people started seeing the media has been lying to them.

4. Zenithal macrumors 603

A conservative leaning think tank valued a Democrat at -20 for eight years but now rates a "conservative" POTUS at +59 not even a week into Presidency? Color me shocked. I'd love to see Rasmussen's polling data and what external data they aggregated from.

5. SteveJobzniak, Jan 26, 2017

SteveJobzniak thread starter macrumors 6502

SteveJobzniak

Rasmussen doesn't assign any "values" as you put it. The polled voters do. Rasmussen tallies the numbers who reply that they either Strongly Approve or Strongly Disapprove. Here's their methodology.

And yes, Obama was exceptionally unpopular.

Here's an example from a 2015 independent/centrist Associated Press-GfK poll: Obama only had a 43% approval with 55% strong disapproval. And Associated Press spun it as "Even as the public remains divided about his presidency, Barack Obama is holding on to his support from the so-called “Obama coalition” of minorities, liberals and young Americans".

The most straightforward definition of a popular president is one who garners at least 50 percent approval in public opinion polls. The last time Obama hit that mark in the Real Clear Politics average of national polls was April 2013.

Excepting brief boosts corresponding to his reelection and the killing of Osama bin Laden, he has consistently been under 50 percent in the RCP average since December 2009. This makes Obama one of the least popular presidents in postwar history.

Gallup has kept regular track of presidential approval since the Truman administration. It reports that the most popular postwar presidents were Dwight Eisenhower (R), John F. Kennedy (D), Ronald Reagan (R), George H. W. Bush (R), and Bill Clinton (D); their job approval ratings were 50 percent or better for at least two-thirds of their tenures. The least popular presidents were Harry Truman (D), Gerald Ford (R), Jimmy Carter (D) and Barack Obama (D); theirs were below 50 percent for at least two-thirds of their tenures. Lyndon Johnson (D), Richard Nixon (R), and George W. Bush (R) fall somewhere in between.

Obama’s numbers have been remarkably stable in the strong negatives, typically hovering between 42 and 45 percent approval (corresponding to an approval index of -16 and -10, respectively), with constant dips into the low-30s, for his entire tenure outside of his initial honeymoon period.

Here's an example with Obama's graphs from multiple polling aggregators: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ust_2013/obama_approval_comparing_the_numbers

Real Clear Politics is a neutral aggregate of CNN/Opinion Research, CBS News/NY Times, The Economist/YouGov, ABC News/Washington Post, Fox News and Quinnipiac.

Here is the massively unpopular Obama, a lame and ineffective duck, hated by the public (except by the hardcore liberals and minorities) in every poll regardless of which side the poll leans towards:

lol.png

(Source: Historical list of all Obama polls throughout his 8 years; simply scroll the list downwards and see that Obama has been in the negatives for his whole 8 year terms except 3 times: His initial honeymoon in 2008, a few months after his re-election in 2012 (before he took a massive dive back to -20/-30 again), and a tiiiiny bit when we were preparing for President Trump and Democrats started reminiscing, hehe.)

6. Zenithal macrumors 603

Right, but what data are they sourcing? Typically, during a poll like this, the source data is made available. Polling opinions are easily manipulated with clever questioning. It's nothing new. For Conservative or Liberal think tanks.

7. 0007776 Suspended

What happened to all the polls are worthless talk?

8. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I still have no idea about the accuracy of this or any poll for that matter.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

They are worthless..

10. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I don't know if i believe any polls anymore.

11. Zenithal macrumors 603

Precisely. I stopped paying attention to polls like this once I learned how they were developed. And that was decades ago. I highly doubt it's taught anymore in schools or universities.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

As I didn't give weight to the previous polls, I am not going to give any weight to this one.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 26, 2017 ---
    Dude it's politics, as long as you tell me that I am right and good and glorious, I believe and agree with you ;)

13. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

lol
    Very true.

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I don't need a poll to know that Trump is crushing it.

15. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

That's a good way to put it. :D

16. SteveJobzniak, Jan 26, 2017

SteveJobzniak thread starter macrumors 6502

SteveJobzniak

Polls give an indicator, but we now know that their accuracy can only get in the +/- 10-20% range, and only when the questions are phrased in a neutral way and only when the demographics match America (instead of massively oversampling Democrats, which the fake news polls did for Hillary).

I need accurate polls, so I polled myself and Trump earned a 100% approval rating.

(This post is rated A for Awesome. In my poll.)

17. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Those sound like exactly the same poll numbers Clinton had.

She lost.

(IOW, polls are 180 degrees wrong, and according to Trump rigged anyway.)

18. Robstevo macrumors 6502

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

LOL you know the drill. That's when Trump's numbers go down instead of up.

The next poll that really matters is in 2018, taken on November 6, by actual voters, actually voting.

It's going to feel like a long slog for Dems and the blink of an eye for the GOP if Trump keeps having to be refocused on their agenda instead of his own ideas of how to make a splash with the voters who helped him win the primaries.

20. steve knight, Jan 26, 2017

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

they polled trump.
    well thats sad blind followers often make lots of errors.
    only when it is favoring the left. Trump has said he is great so of course there are polls the agree with him. Kida reminds me of a dictatorship and we are seeing the blind devotion now.
    enjoying him screwing everyone over? Americans will pay for his wall Americans will pay more for anything not from the us. Americans are ridiculed and subject to a president blatantly lying. waiting for trump to say there are no poor people that his greatness has eliminated them. waiting for him to cost millions their heath insurance with his blundering.

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes, all one needs to do is just look at President Romney to know that. Oh...wait.

22. Zenithal macrumors 603

Now that's a zinger. "I'm very popular!"

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

But did he enjoy it? I guess in private he might be a bottom.

24. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

They're only worthless when Trump has low points.

25. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez