Rate my purchase (please :D ) of 12" MB + questions for current owners

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Halfakorean, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Halfakorean macrumors newbie

Quick background - Christmas gift for the gf who needs an ultra portable laptop for grad school. She currently uses a heavy windows laptop (and android phone), but I think the switch to the space gray side will be more than seamless- especially considering her gushy reaction to it in the store as I was checking out the new MBP's.

Adorama - 2015 MB 12" Space Gray w/ 1.1Ghz and 256GB SSD - $979 (no tax/shipping). Also grabbed VIP360 for $50, as this comes with a "spill/drop" protection for the first year, + 60 days to return in case she opts for a different color.

Was this considered a good price? Looking at slickdeals, I've seen them go for lower, but I wasn't in the market at the time, and no idea if Adorama price will price match potentially better deals in the next couple weeks.

The following she can get herself, but if you guys have any recommendations on:
    • Bang for buck adapters (considering there's only one port..I wouldn't want to go "too" cheap)
    • Mag-safe alternatives
    • Protective wraps
    • Applecare deals
    • Any other accessories you consider "must have"
    That would be incredibly helpful!

2. macintoshmac macrumors 65816

macintoshmac

3. Halfakorean thread starter macrumors newbie

Crap, I made one of "those" threads didn't I? Sorry it came across as one (I did search! just didn't use the right keywords, or look in the right forums), I just got caught up in the excitement of my purchase.

Those threads look amazing, especially the 26 pager. Thank you so much for that!

To answer your question, the only part of me that looks korean is my hair :p And my music/drama choices 10 years ago, but those have died down quite a bit.