Rate obama's 8 years

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Rate obama's 8 years?

Poll closed Jan 28, 2017.
  1. Excellent, he knew when to make fair change & when to bring in the GOP and compromise

33.3%
  2. He could have made a little more effort at times and not compromise as much

22.9%
  3. He always seemed to find blame elsewhere even though people were doing everything they asked or more

16.7%
  4. How is "change we can believe in" related to "compromise"? Did he ever say his belief on that??

6.3%
  5. Wasn't there an union strike issue where Obama failed to keep his promise of putting on shoes?

2.1%
  6. Other (even more details, please :D)

31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

With detail.

Oh, if you don't remember the incidents or campaign promises he made to uplift the people with in 2009 or 2012, then maybe reading and watching the MSM a little more might help.

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Rating: F-. The Great Uniter has done the opposite. We are more racially divided now than we have been in decades.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

F-
    "Affordable" Care Act forever known as a Obamacare. Lied on just all the talking points..."If you like your Dr, you can keep your Dr." "The average American family will save $2500."
    Expansion of Islamic Terror...read ISIS
    Middle Eastern turmoil read Egypt, Yemen, Libya, Iraq 2.5, Syria
    Weakened Americas view internationally. Look at the Philippines switching to asking the US for help to China/Russia
    Divided Americans even more based on race and his statements before all the facts were given/when his opinion wasn't even needed. "The Police acted stupidly" "If I had a son..."
    Fast and Furious.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

5. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

An endless series of: treason, war crimes, terrorism (both perpetrating and supporting), crimes against humanity, and other extremely serious crimes against Americans and the world. Possibly the worst president of all-time.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize so I mean he's got that going for him.

7. Zenithal Suspended

Couldn't care. It's no different than the decades of ******** I've witnessed.

8. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Warbama is the first and only Nobel Peace Prize winner to bomb another Nobel Peace Prize winner.

9. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

10. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

DOCTORS.jpg

11. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

13. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

When I take into consideration the political climate he is in, I don't think he did a bad job really. I'd give him a solid B, maybe a B+.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Solid C-, probably same grade he got on his transcripts.

15. 1458279 Suspended

You guys have it all wrong! Obama is one of the greatest Republican presidents of all time.

Look, back in 08 the Republicans were in a heap of trouble. Two extended wars with no end in site, and the economy on the skids, the Republicans had to do something. So the Republicans got Obama into the White House. Obama being a good predictable Lefty, started pushing his agenda. Next thing you know, BAM 2010 mid-terms, BAM 2014 mid-terms, BAM, BAM, BAM 2016 general and he's gone...

The Republicans now have control over the:
    -White House
    -Senate
    -House
    -Govs
    -State leg
    -Supreme Court

With more power than they've held in the last 100 years, I'd have to say President Obama has done a HELLVA job.

BO_BestRepPartyEver.jpg

Heck, you couldn't have done better if you CHEATED! This makes 'candy from a baby' look complex. Folks, we even did a 'Hail Mary' at the end with the SC Justice hold up. You can't make this stuff up. ... Just in case you want a little icing on that cake, how about we pull the rug out from under Hillary and make her THINK she's going to win... Wait, wait, wait... there's more... Let's body slam the media while we're at it... Ok, had 'nuff? Wait, there's STILL more... Let's get Trump to start creating jobs and cutting deals WHILE Obama is STILL president... NO WAY! Dude, you can't make this up, you simply can't make this up.

I'm running out of popcorn... running out of popcorn! Tune in next week for even more...

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Obama never fought hard enough for progressive causes in my opinion.

However, he provided very stable and measured leadership. He presided over a period of sustained economic growth following one of the worst economic downturns in our lifetimes.

I give him a solid C, which was a welcome relief following after President D minus.

17. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Well, I don't think he was the best President ever, but not the worst.

Foreign policy was disastrous.

ACA was well intentioned but tremendously half baked. Role out was ugly and although it expanded healthcare, it made it insurance much more expensive for many people who already have it or their benefits weren't as good as they used to be. For some--- many, they have insurance but sadly cannot afford to utilize it. Until you control costs you will never fix the system. Until you stop letting insurance/PBM's play their silly games (the newest I've discovered in my career is selectively not allowing some drugs count towards the deductible :rolleyes:) we will never solve this puzzle.

I'm not an economist but it seems he did a fair job at getting the economy back on track, granted I believe there is a ways to go. Things could be better.

At the end of the day I don't agree 100% with him or his policies, but he seems like a very down to earth and respectful guy. You can't expect someone to fix the world's problems in their term.

I don't think it's possible to truly understand the positive or negative impact of a President until you contextualize it years in the future. Hindsight is 20/20. Weren't not there yet though.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I thought this thread was about Obama not Bush.

19. Desertrat macrumors newbie

MacNut, he not only maintained many of Dubya's policies, he expanded upon them--particularly in war.

Ironic that he jumped in bed with Al Qaeda against Syria. Wasn't it Al Qaeda who murdered some 3,000 people on 9/11?

Reading foreign news sources from around the world, he has made enemies of friends and has made the US a laughingstock among foreign leaders.

He has led NATO provocations against Russia to the point that we were on the verge of a shooting war.

On his watch the US taxpayer paid billions of dollars to suborn the legal government of Ukraine and begin a civil war in that country.

On his watch, Libya went from being a stable country to a war-torn mess with refugees drowning in efforts to get to Italy.

He and his appointees contributed to a worsening of racial relations.

Obamacare is a net deficit of federal funds, contributing to our already gigantic national debt--as well as raising the costs of both health insurance and medical treatments.

Enough, Lord God, more than enough!

20. 1458279 Suspended

They were warned about Libya. Yet they did it anyways and laughed about it. The Dems see this as good because the God they pray to (Obama) tells them it's good.

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2014/...warned-europe-if-i-go-down-europe-goes-black/

21. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Why are you dredging up a comment of mine from a month and a half ago? Obama swept into office as the “anti-Bush,” turned out to be exactly Bush and in many ways worse than Bush. Obama: Could have been among the greatest of presidents ever, instead he probably is the worst president of all-time.

22. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I always wanted to ask him if his ideas came from the seventh planet.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Ask Karl why he dredged up a month old thread.

24. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

The most polished BS'er of our time. He couldn't lead the people in gov't out of a burning building. The rats and cats inside would surely follow him though.