Rather impressed by sprints return policy.

dannyhex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
NY
Ok heres the deal. Ordered a new iphone 5 on preorder day.9-14. Received iphone on sept 21. phone came scratched out of the box, display issues as well as vibration issues. I call that day, they tell me to go to sprint corporate store for an exchange. Sprint corporate has no stock for at least 3 weeks. I call back sprint and they have processed a brand new phone to be received within 2-3 weeks. I know I could of went to apple but whatever I can wait for the phone. So if you have a defective device call sprint say you went to corporate store and they have none.

PS. Do you think I can get away with keeping the headphones?. i know its stupid just a question.

----------

lls4f

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
United States
I had a defective phone pre-ordered from Sprint. Took it to Apple and they handed me a new device about 5 minutes after walking into the store. The phone they gave me is also defective. I have another appointment Monday and I expect a similar turnaround time. I'd still recommend going to Apple.

dannyhex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
NY
you think i can keep the headphones. what would sprint charge me haha. i love the tiny box they come in.

lls4f

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
United States
Apple didn't have me give back the headphones or the cable because the replacement phone came in a box by itself. I doubt sprint wants used headphones back

dannyhex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
NY
they are sending me a brand new iphone 5 in box. thats what they said anyway. I asked the guy said to return phone in box it came in so im assuming they are sending me brand new ones. i guess ill keep the headphones and lightning cable too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.