Rattle near the top switch?

NowhereOutThere

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
I just noticed that, when I put my iPhone 5 down on a surface or gently tap near the top right of the phone, near the camera lens, I can hear something rattling, as if the power button was loose. However, the button doesn't feel loose to me... Is this something that other users have experienced? I am planning on taking it to the Apple store for a replacement, but wasn't sure if I was alone in this issue.

dominion155

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
I just noticed that, when I put my iPhone 5 down on a surface or gently tap near the top right of the phone, near the camera lens, I can hear something rattling, as if the power button was loose. However, the button doesn't feel loose to me... Is this something that other users have experienced? I am planning on taking it to the Apple store for a replacement, but wasn't sure if I was alone in this issue.
Its normal, its just part of the camera.

Comment

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
It's the camera lens. Perfectly normal.

Go to the apple store and test the display models. They all have the rattle as well.

Comment

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
It's the camera lens. Perfectly normal.

Go to the apple store and test the display models. They all have the rattle as well.
I can vouch for this as well. I tried all the display models and it had the same rattle

Comment

vmdc

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2011
I was worried at first too, but then I checked my old 4 and 4S, they both had the same rattle as well. I guess I just never bothered to check it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.