RAW files preview in Finder but NOT in Bridge CS3?? (yes i updated the plug-in)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cutcopypaste, Nov 29, 2008.

1. cutcopypaste macrumors regular

I'm running Bridge CS3 and I updated to the most recent applicable version of Adobe Camera Raw (4.6) but for some reason it doesn't show previews of raw files in bridge still... it Does show them in cover finder with no problem. So I'm probably just gonna scrap using bridge.. but it does have some handy categorization options and I'm in a design program where my teacher says we should use it...

Does anyone have a idea of what might be going on here? I'm SURE I installed the plug-in correctly and I purged the cache for the folders and then I restarted and purged the cache again...

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What kind of RAW files are they? From what camera? What OS are you using? Can Preview open them?

3. cutcopypaste thread starter macrumors regular

it's a pentax k-200... listed in the supported camera types.. and finder is displaying them no problem. OS is leopard 10.5.5

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Did you remove the older RAW plugins and clear the cache?

5. cutcopypaste thread starter macrumors regular

yes... i renamed the old plug-in orig.file and moved it to my desktop... and i've cleared the cache through the tools menu in bridge a number of times

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus