Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alecmcmahon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Woodbridge, NJ
i've got some nikon equipment that im considering selling off as it's really not getting used much anymore, and just wanted to get a general idea of what the stuff is worth.

1-Nikon D80
1-Nikon 18-135 mm Lens
1-Nikon 50 mm Prime
2-Nikon SB600
1-Vivitar 285HV
1-Wireless Remote
1-Gary Fong Light Dome
2-Diffusers for 600 flashes
3-Flash stands WITH umbrella holders
3- White Umbrellas
1-Silver Umbrella
1-Softbox/Umbrella Hybrid
1-Large Camera bag to hold all of the Camera Equipment

Might be some other nik-naks, but like i said, just wondering what this might go for.

thanks

- Alec

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
This might be more appropriate for a marketplace thread.

In general, Nikon non-digital equipment retains value well (>70% on lenses in great condition, easily). I'd suggest checking eBay or KEH for specific prices on each of the items you've listed.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
... I'd suggest checking eBay or KEH for specific prices on each of the items you've listed.

Yes .keh.com is a good place to look but those prices are higher then you can get as a private party.

The listed Nikon equipment might be worth as much as 70% of current new prices. The D80 is still in production so now it's value is high. Once it is replaced and is no longer current it's value will drop a bit.

The vivitar goes for about $40 Umbrellas, stands, light dome and that sort of stuff is hard to sell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.