Re-Selling 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SAB123, Sep 25, 2013.

1. SAB123 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am looking to sell a 5s that I bought through AT&T. Here is what happened.

I ordered online originally through AT&T website. I then received a confirmation email that said that it wouldn't be shipped until 10/21. I decided to go to the store next day, and they had one in stock. AT&T called corporate to cancel original order and to allow upgrade price. A few days later I received another email saying that my original order had shipped and would arrive next day. I was charged the upgrade price.

I would like to sell the one that I received in the mail. Is my phone number tied to that phone? What do I need to do in order to sell.

Thanks

2. Kemonsterr macrumors 6502

Kemonsterr

If you already reversed the upgrade and are receiving two phones for one upgrade you should return it. It's only right, yes your number is tied to the one that comes in. Unless you used two upgrades what your doing is considered fraud and is just plain wrong. My opinion, send it back and do the right thing.

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

Just put your SIM card in the one you want to keep. Sell the other one.

4. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

And don't be surprised if AT&T catches the mistake sometime in the future and charges you full price for the second phone.

5. mystikjoe macrumors regular

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Return the extra one.

This is a distinct possibility.

7. itjw macrumors 65816

They will figure it out and either charge you full price for the 2nd phone (on your bill) or give you the option to return it. Do the right thing and just return it.

Can you imagine if AT&T mistakenly ended up with $449 of someones money because of an error, and wouldn't give it back (and no, I don't mean the "theft" they commit from over priced contracts people AGREED to either, that's not theft, that's business, and no one puts a gun to anyones head...)?

It would be national news. People would go hysterical.

Instead, because AT&T is a big bad company, it somehow makes it debateable to steal from them because they made an error?

And people wonder why they try to make every penny they can on us? It really is dog eat dog I suppose. Still doesn't make it right though.

8. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

Which model did you get? I may be interested!

9. springsup macrumors 6502a

springsup

Sell it. Even if AT&T come for the extra money one day, iPhone 5Ses are selling for more than their purchase price on eBay. You'd still make a profit.