Reactivate Verizon iPhone 5 with used sim card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bugeyeblue, May 27, 2013.

1. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Mar 27, 2011
    I want to reactivate my Verizon iPhone 5 with the sim card that's in the phone now. It's the same sim card that was in the phone when I was using it last. Can I just use the same sim card or do I need a new one? Gsm users please understand this is different than using a Gsm iPhone, the sim cards are different.
  2. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 27, 2011
    The problem that I see is that the Verizon sim card goes dead after the phone is deactivated from an account. But I don't know if you can use the same sim card for the same phone number twice.
  3. aristobrat macrumors G5

Oct 14, 2005
    I thought that once Verizon deactivates a SIM card, it's unusable.

That's how it worked with the LTE SIM card in my iPad. When I deleted my monthly account (so that I could add my iPad to my Share Everything account), it deactivated the SIM card. Verizon could not reactivate that SIM card. If you go into a Verizon store, they charge for a new SIM card. If you chat with them online, they can mail you a new one for free. That's what I did, but it never arrived. Ended up paying $30 for a new one just to get data back on my iPad without having to wait another week.
  4. CEmajr macrumors 601

Dec 18, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    The sim is dead after deactivation. You need to get a new one.