Reactivate Verizon iPhone 5 with used sim card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bugeyeblue, May 27, 2013.

1. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I want to reactivate my Verizon iPhone 5 with the sim card that's in the phone now. It's the same sim card that was in the phone when I was using it last. Can I just use the same sim card or do I need a new one? Gsm users please understand this is different than using a Gsm iPhone, the sim cards are different.

2. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

The problem that I see is that the Verizon sim card goes dead after the phone is deactivated from an account. But I don't know if you can use the same sim card for the same phone number twice.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

I thought that once Verizon deactivates a SIM card, it's unusable.

That's how it worked with the LTE SIM card in my iPad. When I deleted my monthly account (so that I could add my iPad to my Share Everything account), it deactivated the SIM card. Verizon could not reactivate that SIM card. If you go into a Verizon store, they charge for a new SIM card. If you chat with them online, they can mail you a new one for free. That's what I did, but it never arrived. Ended up paying $30 for a new one just to get data back on my iPad without having to wait another week.

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

The sim is dead after deactivation. You need to get a new one.