Read this before you waste your money on a Desmay Slight 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ntnwwnet, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ntnwwnet macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

I ordered this from eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-0-2-mm-...-SCREEN-APPLE-IPHONE-5-5G-BLACK-/400329247663

Despite what the pictures on the listing show, it is identical to the pictures others have posted of the official Desmay slight 5.

The only difference is that there is no little "D" logo on the back. It also came with a screen protector. Plus it was only $4. Why spend $23+ just for the little Desmay logo?

Here are pictures of the desmay clone I got:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(From this iPhone 5 slim case review roundup thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16056510)

2. BiscottiGelato macrumors regular

Only problem is there's no guarantee that this is what I am going to get. I tried once ordering 2 cases of different colors of the same eBay listing from the same eBay vendor. The 2 cases ended up to be complete different designs....

This is especially skeptical when the pic you showed is complete different from what's in the eBay link....

3. ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

At $4 vs $28+, I'll take the risk. Especially since there are quality issues with the official version.

4. arliu macrumors regular

is the screen protector similar to the one in the desmay pics?

5. BiscottiGelato macrumors regular

I hear ya. I have to also admit here that I did place an order with the aforementioned link about 3 hours ago. :p

I ordered one in clear, and one in black. Will see how they turn out.

Unless there's going to be plenty of unfavorable review, next case for sure tho will be the Power Support Air Jacket tho.

6. floss macrumors regular

I agree, these "super thin" cases seem to be all the same: extremely thin material with an open bottom and open top, with the only aesthetic variation being the volume button cutouts and company branding logo. And the prices range from $2 to $30. I don't get why people would pay more than $10 for such a case.

7. scyap macrumors member

8. ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet