Reading Oracle, UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by adipoos, Sep 19, 2013.

1. adipoos macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any info or previous experience of queuing at The Oracle in Reading?

What sort of time you need to get there? Where the queue is? etc

This will be my first time queueing at an official Apple Store - I've always queued at Carphone Whorehouse before but am gonna go SIM free this year...

Cheers,

Adi :)

2. Carnag3 macrumors member

Ive never done a line up either but will be there at about 5am tomorrow, always pre-ordered online before.

3. Pasodify macrumors member

Hi guys.. if you will be there early morning would be cool if you could report back here how it looks like.
    I will go my self but will not be able to be there until 9-10-ish.

4. Carnag3 macrumors member

Will do. i am just interested as to weather they will open at 8 as others are or the normal 9:30

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'll be popping along later in the afternoon, unfortunately not to make a purchase but to have a look at the display models.

That is, if there are any display models - can't remember when they're actually put up. If any Oracle-going MR user could post in this thread tomorrow if there are any, it would be most helpful! :)

6. abraxian macrumors member

Just so people know, 6AM is doors for Oracle tomorrow. Queuing by HMV.

I'm going to the Vodafone shop anyway so :p

7. Carnag3 macrumors member

Those planning to turn up later in the day, I would say don't hold your breath. Pretty long queue.

8. Carnag3 macrumors member

at 7:20am apple store staff came up to us in the queue and said that there where no more 5s' left at all. very disappointed at the mo. if anyone happens to go in there later and there is any stock could you please post on here. There where rumors going around the line of another delivery later today.

9. Pasodify macrumors member

Thanks, saved me the trip today.
    I might go in tomorrow if they get more stock.

10. adipoos thread starter macrumors newbie

No stock :(

I was there at 4am this morning and, like others, was turned away just after 7.00 when they ran out of the 5S. Absolutely gutted - was a long wait for no result. May pop back tomorrow and will post if there is any stock when I do...

11. Carnag3 macrumors member

i rang the store earlier and they said that they get deliveries every day however they do not know what is on them until they turn up. (which is balls they just dont want to say how many 5s' they will be getting in)

12. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Really sorry about that, sounds awful :(

I popped in at about 3:30pm and obviously all the lines had gone and a big 'sold out' sign was up, but I got to play around with the demo units.

First impressions were good - I really like the gold more than I should. Touch ID works well but the home button feels a bit weird, but I can't put my finger on why (pun intended ;) ). Feels a little flimsy maybe.

Slow mo is also great, although those seem to be the only two features I'd use - really hard to justify the upgrade from a 5.

13. Pasodify macrumors member

Called em today, they've had no deliveries and no info on when they will get any.