Real Estate Leasing/contacts manager for MAC OS X 10.5.2?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by msarway, Mar 24, 2008.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

I am looking for a great contact manager for real estate business. i am currently using entourage 2008 its nice but has alot of limitations. i also use an iphone so in the perfect world i wold love for it all to work together. we all know that entourage does not sync well with iphone the categories do not hold. any help with be great.

thank you

2. ajpprc macrumors member

Not sure how these will do in a real estate setting specifically but it's my understanding that daylight (http://www.marketcircle.com/) is used by a lot of professionals for contact management. Another option might be to use Bento (http://www.filemaker.com/products/bento/overview.html) to create your own database for contacts. It integrates well with address book and you can customize it any way you want it.

3. msarway thread starter macrumors 6502

msarway

Thank you i will check them out.

4. pbbaker123 macrumors regular

I do similar work

I looked at MarketCircle's DayLite, and yeah, its neat, lacks the actual database part that you are probably looking for, so I went with Bento, because Address Book and iCal already do a big part of DayLite, IMO. There is no good way to get DayLite to act like a database and less like a fancy PIM, so I did not buy it.

This has always been a sticking point with the Mac (user for 10 years now) and though daylight is the "touted" application for this, having been a former salesforce.com user, I have always found it a little awkward to use. You will have to think out how you want to set up Bento, but it will do what you want better, and it is cheaper. On, the other hand, if you MUST have a shared, networked solution, then Bento will not work for this, otherwise it will.