macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2011
He clicked almost every app but the new passbook. This thing is so fake

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Video needs closed captioning... :(

On another note, I wonder if the Chinese gov't is pleased with these leakers. Apple pumps a great deal of money into their economy and the commies DON'T mess around. If they disapprove of this behavior this guy could be in some real trouble.

:apple:

Di4mondz

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2012
This is definitely the real deal here..No fake can provide so much attention to detail on the UI. You may say that the music icon and clock hand is different, but Apple could have have changed that in the iOS 8 GM seed. There was another video released on his Chinese Vine that showed Handoff options in Settings too..

One thing I find odd is the EXIF data image the leaker showed. I doubt the EXIF data would show "iPhone 6 back camera on it"..

cebseb

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
This is all very entertaining. It makes the wait for the release a bit more bearable.

noob17

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2006
headphone jack

Just had a look at the video...

Was convincing until the clip showed the bottom of the 5s and 6.

Does the headphone jack look smaller on the 6?

Is it a 2.5mm jack?? :S

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
This is so bizarre! The animations, speed, smoothness, touch responsiveness, look of the apps are spot on and can not be faked by Android or a clone OS. But some icons look like iOS 7.0 with the gradients not toned down and of course the clock hands are too long. If this is a fake I'm really curious to know how they did it. But if it is fake, how could they put so much detail in it and forget about the icons which are most prominent to be analysed?

So many questions ;)

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
People in the YouTube comments section are saying that it's an Android based fake. But then how come its so lag free? When you buy Android, you buy the LAG. The phone in his hand had butter smooth animations.

petvas

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
People in the YouTube comments section are saying that it's an Android based fake. But then how come its so lag free? When you buy Android, you buy the LAG. The phone in his hand had butter smooth animations.
My HTC ONE M8 had never had a lag..

Last edited:

nnacrumors

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2014
Video needs closed captioning... :(
http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/07/is-this-the-first-video-review-of-the-iphone-6
Just a brief translation:

One is an iPhone 5s and the other is, I’m not sure what it is gonna be called, probably the iPhone 6. You guys might be curious if this phone that I am holding might be a knock off or fake, but it does have an Touch ID, I (you) don’t think so? Let’s try and see that again.

My personal feel of the phone is that it is faster than the 5s. When I got the phone, I personally feel that it is very light, much lighter than expected when seeing the (leak) images online. It might be seen that the iPhone 6 is gonna be heavier, but it is not. Thus, I feel the iPhone 6 is much a lot lighter than the iPhone 5s. That is the first thought about the phone.

(80% accuracy)
The second thought is about the screen size. One might think that it is gonna be too big and needs more than one hand to operate, and Apple has done it with only one hand usage. (Not sure: By making the screen size taller to achieve it). Still feels comfortable using the iPhone just like the iPhone 5s.

(50% accuracy)
Thirdly is the ‘radians’ (according to Google Translate) or ‘Bezel’ on the sides, somewhat like the Samsung’s I9300 (or SIII). Which makes it feels comfortably good with one hand. [Talks about technology of the screen with him mentioning “2.5”.

On the back, it still retains the design of the iPhone 5 backing of the 3 parts. And still on the back, the iPhone 5s camera is within the body of the phone, but the one on the iPhone 6’s camera is protruding outwards. Some may feel that it is ugly, but I personally feel that if the camera quality is better, it is something good too (or I don’t mind either).

Since there isn’t much apps or software running, the performance feels about the same. But if according to Apple, the internal specs would certainly be an increase. For that, we would only know after the event.

Let’s open the camera app, this is the screen, (takes picture), taking pictures feels very fast, very fast, can’t imagine that. *Goes on opening the Photos app* Photo still feels quite small.

And that is all.

*Shows the different apps on the phone*
Unsure of the megapixel of the camera due to the lack of information.
The health app may connect to the iWatch.

And that is pretty much it.

Henke

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
The full presentation etc just doesn't feel/look legit inmo. Just seems suspect, if anything it's a very very early unfinished prototype

quackers82

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
I think i really get now what Tim Cook means when he says people love surprises, because if this is the only thing announced on Tuesday i will feel let down.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
wow, its so uninteresting, other than the size, why would I upgrade?
I was just about to comment this. Once you get passed the size it gets very boring very quick, exactly like the iPhone 5 did for me. Hoping there are other hardware features available for the 6 aside from a bigger screen.

Screen sizes on modern smart phones change so often that them changing isn't even a feature anymore. The Galaxy S4 had a bigger screen then the S3 but the phone itself was actually smaller. Do many people know that? Of course not because they didn't advertise that because its boring. The competition is in a battle between themselves with resolution now, size was a few years ago.

That said, I can't wait to replace my 4S with a 6. :D

munakib

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2011
Well Apple will announce Mobile Payment partnerships and everyone will go WILD! "I can use my phone to pay for a BigMac, thats insaneeeee....must have", sad that Google couldnt take advantage of wallet/nfc yet Apple will show them how to get it done right.

I was just about to comment this. Once you get passed the size it gets very boring very quick, exactly like the iPhone 5 did for me. Hoping there are other hardware features available for the 6 aside from a bigger screen.

Screen sizes on modern smart phones change so often that them changing isn't even a feature anymore. The Galaxy S4 had a bigger screen then the S3 but the phone itself was actually smaller. Do many people know that? Of course not because they didn't advertise that because its boring. The competition is in a battle between themselves with resolution now, size was a few years ago.

That said, I can't wait to replace my 4S with a 6. :D

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
I have no reason to believe this is real.
Just like I have no reason to believe this is fake.

We'll see on 9/9.