Real Player Won't Run

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psdnavymini, Jun 28, 2007.

1. psdnavymini macrumors newbie

My mom has a 2003 iMac and she attempted to update her Real Player and it stopped working. I downloaded the correct version for the OS, followed the instructions carefully, rebooted but the Real Player would not work. We opened the website she uses Real Player for and nothing happened. When the program is double clicked, nothing happens.

What could be the reason? Are there filed I haven't deleted? Should I reinstall OSX? It's driving me crazy!!!

Thank you! :)

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

No, you should not reinstall OS X :)

First of all, make a new user account and try it in there. This will narrow it down to a system problem or a user problem.

3. DeathAxe macrumors newbie

DeathAxe

Try to delete the app and its preferences first using an app like uApp http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/23414

Also, are you sure the iMac is running Mac Os X 10.3.9 that is required by the latest version?

4. psdnavymini thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try this first.

We actually downloaded the correct version of Real Player. I think my mom tried to update Real Player to the latest version but didn't have the correct OS. When I downloaded Real Player for her it was the correct one.

What does uApp do?

5. DeathAxe macrumors newbie

DeathAxe

It removes the application and all its preferences. (similar to AppZapper but free)

6. psdnavymini thread starter macrumors newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This all helped me and my mom's Mac is working better than before!