Real world AMD Radeon 555pro 2gb vs 560pro 4gb figures

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by psynnott, Jun 29, 2017.

1. psynnott macrumors 6502

psynnott

Been looking for a while now, but unable to find a comparison between these two cards (apart from spec sheets).

Can anyone find gaming FPS comparisons, or a video showing them side by side?

Thanks!

2. psynnott thread starter macrumors 6502

psynnott

I've read that these two cards are simply a rebadge of the 455 and 460 pro. Has anyone got a comparison of these in terms of gaming performance ?

3. leman macrumors 604

I've read here and there that the new cards are about 10% faster, but no actual benchmarks. I'm very surprised that these GPUs have not yet showed in 3dmark database, there must be enough units sold already...

For 455 vs 460, look up notebookcheck as well as the 3dmark database. They are there.

4. Shamgar macrumors regular

The data on notebookcheck shows the 555 being slower than the 455. However, the data there isn't necessarily gathered consistently (equivalent CPU, same drivers, same settings, etc), so I doubt it's an apples to apples comparison. AMD's official specs show the 555 and 560 to be virtually identical to the 455 and 460, so I'm very doubtful of any reports showing substantial gains or losses between the generations.

Looking at notebookcheck, the 460 usually beats the 455 by about 10-20% for game frame rates. But again, I don't know how rigorous that would be.