Realistic iPhone 5 prototype

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamesandersonv, Jul 17, 2012.

1. jamesandersonv macrumors newbie

Well, it looks a bit realistic and it would be great if Apple release an iPhone with 4K recording but… what do you guys think? :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Twixt macrumors 6502

Design wise it looks quite similar to 4s.
    Is it me or this design seems soooo outdated?
    It makes me think about Darth Vador black outfit 20 years later...

3. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

Maybe make it look like the leaks (camera in centre, larger screen [6 rows of icons, not 5])... Volume buttons look like they stick out a little too far in the isometric view. Looks quite good otherwise though.

I personally think 16MP and 4k is a bit far off..... probably 10/12 MP.... still think it will be 1080 recording.

4. SR45, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012

SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

iPhone 5 was mentioned briefly on the news this morning indicating without photos or where the rumor came from that the iPhone would be thinner, which your second picture posted shows. Maybe something to it, don't really know, just have to wait it out like the rest of use. Slightly thinner and a slightly larger screen tall wise not wider and I'll give it some thought to a purchase. ;)

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/17/next-iphone-to-have-thinner-higher-quality-screen/

5. Sedrick, Jul 17, 2012

Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I don't see any noticeable difference between this an an iPhone 4 mock-up.

6. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Seriously, for people who constantly boast how innovative Apple is, and how they're always leading the industry and pushing new boundaries, why do you accept what is essentially the same design but slightly longer and thinner?

Does a redesign need to be revolutionary every single time? No, but if this design is true, it makes me wonder what the heck Sir Jon Ive's been doing the past 2-3 years in that lab of his.

7. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

i didnt realize you have seen the new ipohne yet.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

+1 internets for you sir. :)

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's just you, there's no accounting for taste.

10. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I guess you missed the part where he was stating an opinion on the leaked design and clearly said "if this design is true".

11. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

Where did he say in his post "if this design is true"

12. dvoros macrumors 6502

new iPhone5

Screen size is the same. Way too small and still has the same 5 levels of apps. Samsung's 4.8 inch screen is very much in demand.

13. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Wonder how many people realize that stuffing more megapixels into an image sensor will reduce the quality of pictures. Typical problem is noise. There's a reason why professional camera sensor size is much bigger. It's not only about how many sensing cells are there, it's also how much light is reaching the sensor. And cell phone optics need to improve a lot.

At this point, I believe anything that has more than 8mp sensor without change to the form factor will actually be a bad idea.

14. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

i wonder if they will do quad core....ins't that suppose to not work the LTE? I know they would rather go LTE than have quad core

15. Meanee macrumors 6502a

I actually don't think they will be able to pull off LTE in general. Or do it economically. In order not to murder the battery (See HTC Thunderbolt), LTE radio should be in SoC. So far, I believe only Qualcomm and nVidia have the technology. And I am sure they patented the crap out of it. The reason iPad 3 has it is because LTE modem is separate from SoC. iPad has enough battery to keep this design, but on a phone, not so sure. Seeing how Apple likes to develop their chips in house, this would be a significant challenge. They would either have to license the technology or sacrifice battery.

16. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

Huge lack of trendspotting in your images, OP:

• The iPhone isn't going to ever do 4K video because consumers don't use it
    • The camera will never be about "moar megapixelz"
    • iPhone will definitely be LTE this year, meaning no way its going Quad Core

17. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

That is what i was thinking. People care more about faster internet speeds and a dual core with good RAM is more than capable of handling anything thrown its way.

18. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Nah it'll be 8 MP with a larger aperture. f/2.2 most likely.

19. onthecouchagain, Jul 17, 2012

onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Really?

Okay, in the context of this thread, of the latest rumors, and at a Mac Rumors forum, my comment is obviously based on said rumors. And the OP is asking for opinions based on those designs, whether they turn out to be real or not. Get with the program.

Not to mention the part in my post that says "if this design is true..."

It's even in your quoted post.

20. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Realistically phones now are all about software.... obviously you want it to look sleek and sexy, but the hardware doesn't need to be any better than what the 4S offers. 1080P and 8-10MP is what phones are peeking at right now. The screen is really the major focus and IOS at this point

21. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Thank you.

22. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

It's been a while since I've lurked in the iPhone Forum, why is it that if the iPhone 5 has LTE it can't have a Quad Core cpu?

23. Zaft macrumors 68030

Zaft

Didn't see it at first for some reason. You win. Congrats on the internetz win

24. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It basically looks like a thinner iPhone 4/4S with a black bezel. Looks ok, I guess. Not much to say about looks here, really. We have seen it before, so if this is what we get, nobody should be amazed by it physically.

In terms of specs, it might be plausible, but 16MP iSight camera? iSight is the FFC, right? What on earth would be the benefit of making that 16mp? Seems like they went overkill, and then decided to go 5x more overkill.

And is the price supposed to be on contract? If so... you can definitely count me out even if it is all that they say it is. Off contract that's liable to be near $1,000. Not enough of an upgrade for that...

(yes, I am aware this is an artist rendition, but I am simply commenting on everything we see here)

25. webitorgal macrumors regular

webitorgal

Like others have said, the camera is NOT going to be 16 MP. Probably 10 max. Even the Galaxy SIII is at 8MP.