Realistically how much am i going to need for the new 27inch imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by IamMarcoPolo, Jun 7, 2012.

1. IamMarcoPolo macrumors member

I have 1500/1600 (british pounds) put away for the new imac - currently for one of the models its 1399 - we expecting this price to go above 1500?

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Wait till Monday, bro. Just wait.

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

The price of the updates generally don't change. At least I've never seen an update be substantially more expensive. Your 1500/1600 quid should be plenty.

4. thisperson macrumors newbie

I'm in same boat, we just have to wait I guess, apart from i'm waiting for top end 27" depends what specs though, but just hang tight and chill, pass the time reading these forums and their ridiculous notions

5. kitsunestudios macrumors regular

Not sure. It looks like the "best" stock 27" has jumped up by $200 based on the leaked Australian prices. I have no idea if that means they made a current CTO part standard in the stock model (like the i7 or SSD) , or if the new cutting-edge mobile graphics are just that much more expensive, or if there's some wired curve-ball with the new hardware.

I'm in the same boat here. I'm hoping I can get a 27" i7 model with ssd+2tb HD for less than $2650 CDN before tax.

6. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

The stock i7 is a good point. I've been assuming an extra $200 for the processor upgrade in my estimations on top of the rumored $200 increase. I've sort of hit a psychological barrier with that extra $200 and justifying buying the very top end model. I'm still hoping that the extra is a standard SSD, though.

7. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

The prices will be the same as the 2011 models.

8. bobright macrumors 601

Is that right, Mr. Cook?

Thanks

9. necromorph, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

Indeed it is Mr Ballmer.

Thanks.

:apple:

10. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Never a good idea to speak in absolutes regarding unconfirmed data...

11. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

Really, why? They seem to be basing their predictions on the so called leaked Australian prices, so my guess is as good as any.

Let's just wait for next week shall we :apple:

12. iamdavekennedy macrumors regular

I know everyone is getting their undergarments in an asphyxiating twist over this supposed price increase, but we all seem to be forgetting pre-iPad when some reputable sources had (supposedly Apple leaked, in hindsight) suggested it would cost around $1000 only to be released for around half that.

This could just be a wild iGoose chase, or we could all pay more, but if there is a $200 increase, I doubt it will be without reason.

I need Monday to arrive as I'm now getting very impatient trying to do all my work on a 2006 Mini (relegated our media server too so dying to get it back into the living room running nothing but xbmc again until *hopefully* someone sorts out the ATV3 jb!

13. kitsunestudios macrumors regular

But point taken. These are rumors, and not verified. I'm a little more confident in the list than the typical "random dude in Digitimes" bit.

Well the increase is only on the very top model of 27". The bottom model looks to be $50 cheaper based on those prices. It's not panic, it's more like "OMGwhat'sSantaClausbringingtheboxunderthetreelookssoHUGE!!!!!" :p

14. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

This is true... when dealing with a litigious situation. But when you're dealing with a computer website, go for it!

I'll start. Apple will never introduce another iPhone! Sosumi.

EDIT: Or am I missing your irony in that you have replied with an absolute to advise someone to not use absolutes?

15. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I'm glad you noticed. ;)