really confused about how its going to work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonney92, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jonney92 macrumors member

Im currently on a contract with orange (2year contract) blackberry phone, and I'm from the UK so going to preorder an unlocked iphone 5 from the apple store tomorrow, will i be able to put my current contract in the iphone 5 if i got the sim transferred to a nano sim? or will i have to get a totally new contract?

2. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

You'll need to buy a new nano SIM from Orange, if they offer them. Otherwise you could try cutting your current SIM card, but it also needs to be thinned out slightly with sand paper which could cause problems.

3. jonney92 thread starter macrumors member

orange are going to be selling the iphone 5 so i suppose they will have the nano sim available, i dont mind paying for the nano sim, but will they have a problem changing it for me?

4. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I'm not from the UK, but in the US they don't have a problem switching you to a new SIM. And, if you've lost your SIM, they HAVE to do it for you (they'll charge, of course, but still).

So, worst case scenario, they say no, and you go to another Orange store and tell them you lost your SIM and would like a new one as a nano SIM and they should do it. Of course, I'm almost certain they'll give you no trouble to port to a nano SIM. Upgrade swaps are very common, and buying phones outright isn't much different

5. jonney92 thread starter macrumors member

true mate, thats what i was thinking at the end of the day im still paying for the contract for another year just need it on another sim