Really frustrated...

geeshiet

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2014
I'm beginning to hate iPhones... WHY do I need to turn the ringer switch on to be able to hear sound? It's effing ridiculous! VOLUME should apply on everything, it shouldn't affect when I toggle the ringer/mute switch. For example the app Vine, when I'm playing a video I couldn't hear any effing sound even when volume is all the way up. The ringer/mute switch should ONLY apply to phone calls/messages. It's called "ringer" for a reason, and thats when the phone rings. I'm really pissed off... I have to always toggle that stupid switch... My new phone will be an android. Tired of this *****.

c.kwon

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014
I'm beginning to hate iPhones... WHY do I need to turn the ringer switch on to be able to hear sound? It's effing ridiculous! VOLUME should apply on everything, it shouldn't affect when I toggle the ringer/mute switch. For example the app Vine, when I'm playing a video I couldn't hear any effing sound even when volume is all the way up. The ringer/mute switch should ONLY apply to phone calls/messages. It's called "ringer" for a reason, and thats when the phone rings. I'm really pissed off... I have to always toggle that stupid switch... My new phone will be an android. Tired of this *****.
Apple doesn't care; you already bought their phone. HAHA.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
everyone has an opinion

I hated that my galaxy s3 had 4 different volume bars

and like said it might be an app thing, I just test on safari youtube and you still get sound with silent switch on

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014

C'mon OP, if that is what makes you switch to Android, you already know there's gonna be some small inconsequential thing about Android that will be blown out of proportion & drives you nuts too...

Agent-P

macrumors 68030
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Go to the sound settings and turn off the option to adjust the ringer volume with the buttons. There you go. App volume can now be adjusted independently of the mute switch.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I think this is a per app situation, right?
I actually think this may be a per app basis issue, because sometimes I am actually able to put up the volume with the volume slider even on silent in some apps and web browser.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
I actually think this may be a per app basis issue, because sometimes I am actually able to put up the volume with the volume slider even on silent in some apps and web browser.
It is a per app issue.

On a side note, can we just turn this in a "posting memes to mock ridiculous outrage" thread?

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007

C'mon OP, if that is what makes you switch to Android, you already know there's gonna be some small inconsequential thing about Android that will be blown out of proportion & drives you nuts too...
Spelling SWITCH is even harder. :D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.