Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dante959

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
I bought a Mac a few months ago having used it at work and loved it - I splashed a lot of money and was hoping to get my money's worth in terms of quality.

My first Mac got replaced within a week as the screen wouldn't work. I happily accepted a replacement thinking that I just got unlucky and everything would be fine going forward. The new Mac didn't last a month without issues. I've been trying to bring it in for repair to a nearby Apple Store but with no luck. There are never any appointments (and I'm too busy to go on a train for 1.5h one way to go to a store out of town).

Honestly, I thought I was getting a premium product but I got something that's pretty but doesn't really do what it says it does. I love it when it works, but so far, most of the time it just hasn't worked :(

mikeray

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
You can book a Genius Bar appointment a few days in advance, so pick a time that works for you. “Luck” has nothing to do with it.

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
I bought a Mac a few months ago having used it at work and loved it - I splashed a lot of money and was hoping to get my money's worth in terms of quality.

My first Mac got replaced within a week as the screen wouldn't work. I happily accepted a replacement thinking that I just got unlucky and everything would be fine going forward. The new Mac didn't last a month without issues. I've been trying to bring it in for repair to a nearby Apple Store but with no luck. There are never any appointments (and I'm too busy to go on a train for 1.5h one way to go to a store out of town).

Honestly, I thought I was getting a premium product but I got something that's pretty but doesn't really do what it says it does. I love it when it works, but so far, most of the time it just hasn't worked :(

What Apple Store is this?

I live in a suburb of Chicago and I have never had to wait for more than 3-4 days for an appointment, off late, I have been getting appointment the next day. Just took an appointment last night to drop off my MacBook for keyboard replacement today.

MacBooks in general have had the highest reliability in the industry, sometimes you just get unlucky.

Reactions: Glockworkorange
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.